How can I uninstall/remove Bing?

Nick

Jul 30, 2010, 8:09:21 PM7/30/10
How can I uninstall/remove Bing?

Thanks in advanced.

Mike Easter

Jul 30, 2010, 8:22:27 PM7/30/10
Nick wrote:
> How can I uninstall/remove Bing?

That isn't a very well formulated question - we have to guess at what
you are talking about.

Are you talking about this Bing bar?

http://www.microsoft.com/toolbar/install-free-toolbar.aspx Download and
Install the New Free Bing Bar

That same page has an uninstall tab nearby
http://www.microsoft.com/toolbar/toolbar-removal.aspx Step by step
instructions on how to uninstall or remove a search toolbar from your
browser.

Or do you mean bing maps?

You also didn't mention your browser.

--
Mike Easter

OldGringo38

Jul 30, 2010, 8:25:39 PM7/30/10
On 7/30/2010 7:09 PM Just to please that super-ego, Nick wrote the
following tidbit of information:

> How can I uninstall/remove Bing?
>
> Thanks in advanced.
About:config find Bing and change it to google.
detailed instructions on this page about 1/2 way down.
http://www.ehow.com/how_5196325_remove-firefox-work-way-used.html

--
OldGringo38
Just West Of Nowhere

§ñühw¤£f

Jul 30, 2010, 10:05:50 PM7/30/10
Nick wrote:
> How can I uninstall/remove Bing?
>
> Thanks in advanced.

You cant, you've been assimilated.

Resistance is futile.

Nick

Jul 30, 2010, 10:41:28 PM7/30/10

"Mike Easter" <Mi...@ster.invalid> wrote in message

Bing search is on the IE web browser. I am running Windows 7.

Thanks in advanced.

OldGringo38

Jul 30, 2010, 11:30:07 PM7/30/10
On 7/30/2010 9:41 PM Just to please that super-ego, Nick wrote the
following tidbit of information:

Well now that we know it's IE, try this:
http://websearch.about.com/od/searchtipoftheday/qt/qt429.htm

VanguardLH

Jul 31, 2010, 9:49:50 AM7/31/10
Nick wrote:

> Mike Easter wrote ...

>> Nick wrote:
>>
>>> How can I uninstall/remove Bing?
>>

>> Are you talking about this Bing bar?
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/toolbar/install-free-toolbar.aspx Download and
>> Install the New Free Bing Bar
>>
>> That same page has an uninstall tab nearby
>> http://www.microsoft.com/toolbar/toolbar-removal.aspx Step by step
>> instructions on how to uninstall or remove a search toolbar from your
>> browser.
>>
>> Or do you mean bing maps?
>>
>> You also didn't mention your browser.
>

> Bing search is on the IE web browser. I am running Windows 7.

Uh huh. Looks like we make more guesses, like you are asking about IE8
since that comes in Windows 7 and that you are asking about how to
select between different search providers for the Search box in IE8. If
I guessed correctly, what do you see if you click the down-arrow at the
right-side of the Search box? Might there be a "Manage Search
Providers" entry there?

I doubt you can not have a search provider specified. You'll have to
pick one. Doesn't have to be Bing. Could be Google. If you don't any
of them then install a different one and disable the others (or demote
them by selecting the new one as the default).

Google still works, too, as in:

http://www.google.com/search?q=IE8+%22Internet+Explorer+8%22+%2Bchange+%2B%22search+provider%22

Zu Arsschlaark!

Jul 31, 2010, 11:54:48 AM7/31/10

"Nick" <nick...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

change search defaults in internet options.

Whiskers

Jul 31, 2010, 7:04:09 PM7/31/10
On 2010-07-31, VanguardLH <V...@nguard.LH> wrote:
> Nick wrote:
>> Mike Easter wrote ...

I think Microsoft might get rather upset if you actually did that! But
the others have guessed that you really mean you just don't want to see it
mentioned somewhere on your computer, which is at least a more realistic
ambition.

[...]

Escape Google's clutches too!
<http://www.teoma.com/web?qsrc=0&o=102541&l=dir&fhp=1&q=internet+explorer+search+engine>

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

VanguardLH

Aug 1, 2010, 11:14:23 AM8/1/10
Whiskers wrote:

> Nick wrote:
>
>> How can I uninstall/remove Bing?
>
> I think Microsoft might get rather upset if you actually did that! But
> the others have guessed that you really mean you just don't want to see it
> mentioned somewhere on your computer, which is at least a more realistic
> ambition.

I tested IE8 in a VM and found that you can remove all but one search
provider. You cannot delete all search providers; otherwise, you would
have a useless Search box populating IE8's top bar. Of course, that
lone search provider that remains after you remove the others does NOT
have to be for Bing. It could be for Google, Yahoo, or another provider
that you installed.

http://www.ieaddons.com/en/search-helpers/

chuckcar

Aug 1, 2010, 12:38:14 PM8/1/10
"Nick" <nick...@yahoo.com> wrote in

> How can I uninstall/remove Bing?
>
> Thanks in advanced.

You can't. It's a website. On the web. You just don't *go* there if you
don't like it. By setting your search options correctly in IE's
settings.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

§ñühw¤£f

Aug 1, 2010, 4:00:10 PM8/1/10
chuckcar wrote:
> "Nick" <nick...@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
>> How can I uninstall/remove Bing?
>>
>> Thanks in advanced.
>
> You can't. It's a website. On the web. You just don't *go* there if you
> don't like it. By setting your search options correctly in IE's
> settings.

add the site to HOSTS.

<nods>

chuckcar

Aug 1, 2010, 4:54:21 PM8/1/10
§ńühw¤Łf <snuh...@yahoo.com> wrote in

> chuckcar wrote:
>> "Nick" <nick...@yahoo.com> wrote in
>>
>>> How can I uninstall/remove Bing?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advanced.
>>
>> You can't. It's a website. On the web. You just don't *go* there if
>> you don't like it. By setting your search options correctly in IE's
>> settings.
>>
> add the site to HOSTS.

So you're going to block *Microsoft* sites now? WTF do you think Bing
*is*?

No one that knows what they're doing edits their hosts file. They use a
software firewall.

Just don't give computer advice. In some ways you're worse than Evan.

To the OP, that is *not* a solution - for various reasons I couldn't
explain easily to you due to their technical nature, but just do a
Tool->internet options in the top menu bar and start reading.

Message has been deleted

thund3rstruck

Aug 1, 2010, 5:00:57 PM8/1/10
chuckcar wrote:

<snip>

> No one that knows what they're doing edits their hosts file. They use a
> software firewall.

<snip>

A software firewall isn't good advice. Sure, it's part of the overall
plan, but if your PC is sitting on the net and you get one of the usual
viruses out and about? Your AV and Software Firewall are both disabled.

n0i

chuckcar

Aug 1, 2010, 5:57:48 PM8/1/10
thund3rstruck <thund3rstruck_n0i@live> wrote in

Because you over ride them to *get* the bleeding thing. Don't use AV
suites either do you?

thund3rstruck

Aug 1, 2010, 6:22:32 PM8/1/10

Um, you have no idea what I use and don't use. ASSume much?

n0i

Message has been deleted

chuckcar

Aug 1, 2010, 7:08:36 PM8/1/10
thund3rstruck <thund3rstruck_n0i@live> wrote in

No, your clear lack of not knowing the point I was alluding to either
proves you have no idea what you're talking about or how to make a
computer secure.

Message has been deleted

joevan

Aug 1, 2010, 7:38:28 PM8/1/10
On Sun, 1 Aug 2010 23:08:36 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <ch...@nil.car>
wrote:

>thund3rstruck <thund3rstruck_n0i@live> wrote in
>
>> chuckcar wrote:
>>> thund3rstruck <thund3rstruck_n0i@live> wrote in

>>> Because you over ride them to *get* the bleeding thing. Don't use AV
>>> suites either do you?
>>
>> Um, you have no idea what I use and don't use. ASSume much?
>>
>No, your clear lack of not knowing the point I was alluding to either
>proves you have no idea what you're talking about or how to make a
>computer secure.

Your ability to get laughs is incredible. Haw Haw, hee hee.
Maybe you should try out on one of those comedian shows.

chuckcar

Aug 1, 2010, 7:49:21 PM8/1/10
Evan Platt <ev...@theobvious.espphotography.com> wrote in

> On Sun, 1 Aug 2010 23:08:36 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <ch...@nil.car>
> wrote:
>

>>No, your clear lack of not knowing the point I was alluding to either
>>proves you have no idea what you're talking about or how to make a
>>computer secure.
>

> You really need to stop telling other people they don't have a clue.
> It's you who doesn't have a clue.

Ok, as soon as you get one. Could take decades IMHO.

thund3rstruck

Aug 1, 2010, 7:47:38 PM8/1/10
chuckcar wrote:
> No, your clear lack of not knowing the point I was alluding to either
> proves you have no idea what you're talking about or how to make a
> computer secure.

If I were to use your definition of secure, it could be comparable to a
screen door in a hurricane.

n0i

thund3rstruck

Aug 1, 2010, 7:48:41 PM8/1/10
Evan Platt wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 18:22:32 -0400, thund3rstruck
> <thund3rstruck_n0i@live> wrote:
>
>> Um, you have no idea
>
> No, chucktard doesn't.

Please don't partially quote me unless you put a '<snip>' at the cut
sections.

n0i

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

§ñühw¤£f

Aug 2, 2010, 10:04:16 AM8/2/10
chuckcar wrote:
> я黨wぃf <snuh...@yahoo.com> wrote in

>> chuckcar wrote:
>>> "Nick" <nick...@yahoo.com> wrote in

>>> You can't. It's a website. On the web. You just don't *go* there if
>>> you don't like it. By setting your search options correctly in IE's
>>> settings.
>>>
>> add the site to HOSTS.
>>
> So you're going to block *Microsoft* sites now? WTF do you think Bing
> *is*?

I block all sorts of shit with HOSTS.

> No one that knows what they're doing edits their hosts file. They use a
> software firewall.

Heh. Your strategy is so 2000.

> Just don't give computer advice. In some ways you're worse than Evan.

Wah!

> To the OP, that is *not* a solution - for various reasons I couldn't
> explain

Obviously!
<guffaw>

cahnisha...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2014, 12:24:30 PM7/15/14
On Friday, July 30, 2010 5:09:21 PM UTC-7, Nick wrote:
> How can I uninstall/remove Bing?
>
> Thanks in advanced.

ya

§nühw¤£f

Jul 15, 2014, 3:38:41 PM7/15/14
Message has been deleted

§nühw¤£f

Jul 16, 2014, 6:11:37 PM7/16/14
Bucky "ESPN" Breeder wrote:
> �n�hw��f, the doodie-diapered Chee-Waa-Waa, barks:
>> cahnisha...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> ya
>> You'll have to format Bill Gates hard drive. <OBSESS!>
>
> STFU, you trite old lamer! You need to reformat your face.

My ghod but you're easy to wind up. Oh thats right: you're a notorious
NetL00n.

<nods>

dhiraj....@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2014, 11:46:52 AM12/3/14
On Saturday, July 31, 2010 5:39:21 AM UTC+5:30, Nick wrote:
> How can I uninstall/remove Bing?
>
> Thanks in advanced.

sir how I can uninstall/remove bing?

kal...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2015, 8:45:47 AM3/24/15
On Friday, July 30, 2010 at 8:09:21 PM UTC-4, Nick wrote:
> How can I uninstall/remove Bing?
>
> Thanks in advanced.

I am running Windows 8. I use Chrome and have google set as my default search engine. Yet, I still get the bing screen. Please make bing go away.

Stephen Wolstenholme

Mar 24, 2015, 9:37:32 AM3/24/15
I got rid of Bing using Chrome but I can't remember how! Somewhere in
the Chrome setting there is a way to remove other search engines.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software for Windows http://www.npsnn.com

oral...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2015, 10:07:55 AM7/8/15
On Friday, July 30, 2010 at 5:22:27 PM UTC-7, Mike Easter wrote:
> Nick wrote:
> > How can I uninstall/remove Bing?
>
> That isn't a very well formulated question - we have to guess at what
> you are talking about.
>
> Are you talking about this Bing bar?
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/toolbar/install-free-toolbar.aspx Download and
> Install the New Free Bing Bar
>
> That same page has an uninstall tab nearby
> http://www.microsoft.com/toolbar/toolbar-removal.aspx Step by step
> instructions on how to uninstall or remove a search toolbar from your
> browser.
>
> Or do you mean bing maps?
>
> You also didn't mention your browser.
>

> --
> Mike Easter
dear dumb ass - what is the point of instructing users to go to a page to learn how to install bing when the question is how to remove it? hope your dick isn't as small as your brain - like i told your mom - thanks for nothing

lynnga...@yahoo.com

May 23, 2016, 3:02:05 PM5/23/16
On Friday, July 30, 2010 at 7:09:21 PM UTC-5, Nick wrote:
> How can I uninstall/remove Bing?
>
> Thanks in advanced.

please unistall bing and add goggle

carlha...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2016, 10:59:52 PM6/16/16
On Friday, July 30, 2010 at 8:09:21 PM UTC-4, Nick wrote:
> How can I uninstall/remove Bing?
>
> Thanks in advanced.

yes

carlha...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2016, 11:00:32 PM6/16/16
On Friday, July 30, 2010 at 8:09:21 PM UTC-4, Nick wrote:
> How can I uninstall/remove Bing?
>
> Thanks in advanced.

all of it

floffy

Jul 7, 2016, 11:27:42 PM7/7/16
Just Bing Bang it
Do that Twice and it Will be Remove !!

skyb...@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2016, 7:36:50 AM9/10/16
On Saturday, 31 July 2010 01:22:27 UTC+1, Mike Easter wrote:
> Nick wrote:
> > How can I uninstall/remove Bing?
>
> That isn't a very well formulated question - we have to guess at what
> you are talking about.
>
> Are you talking about this Bing bar?
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/toolbar/install-free-toolbar.aspx Download and
> Install the New Free Bing Bar
>
> That same page has an uninstall tab nearby
> http://www.microsoft.com/toolbar/toolbar-removal.aspx Step by step
> instructions on how to uninstall or remove a search toolbar from your
> browser.
>
> Or do you mean bing maps?
>
> You also didn't mention your browser.
>

> --
> Mike Easte

'I am not very computer literate, so don't really know how to phrase questions in your terms. I have new computer and have been trying to bring accounts from old via Microsoft acc. Have been using Google as browser. However, Bing has taken over on new computer and is blocking use of credit card.
I'm in Ireland. we are not part of UK and do not use sterling...we use euro.
I want rid of Bing and to be able to use Google Chrome

dadiOH

Sep 10, 2016, 8:33:19 AM9/10/16

<skyb...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Bing is a search SITE like Google. Google CHROME is a browser - a program -
like Internet Explorer, Firefox et al.

You need to change your default browser to Google Chrome. To do that go to
Settings>System>Default Apps>Web browser. Click it and select what you wan.

lof...@stu.gulliverschools.org

Dec 11, 2016, 5:58:35 PM12/11/16
On Friday, July 30, 2010 at 8:09:21 PM UTC-4, Nick wrote:
> How can I uninstall/remove Bing?
>
> Thanks in advanced.

I want to not have bing on my computer and just have google drive

sherry...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2017, 11:31:23 AM1/25/17

Mike Easter

Jan 25, 2017, 11:46:58 AM1/25/17
sherry...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 1:09:21 AM UTC+1, Nick wrote:
>> How can I uninstall/remove Bing?

Way back in 2010, Nick asked how to 'remove' Bing. A GGer sherrymary91
must've found that old message in GG, and chose to reply to the stale
message thread, presumably by way of asking the question herself by
properly starting a new message thread with the question better formulated.

Bing is a search engine. It is unstated what the user's browser is, but
IE is prone to use Bing.

Here's an article describing how to change IEs 11, 10. 9, and 8 to such
as Google. https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/464?hl=en (click
the line Internet Explorer 8+)

--
Mike Easter

John Smith

Jan 28, 2017, 1:15:57 PM1/28/17
wrote in message

On Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 1:09:21 AM UTC+1, Nick wrote:
> How can I uninstall/remove Bing?
>
> Thanks in advanced.

? 95, 98, Xp, 7, 0r 10 ?

remove Bing software For XP

Click On
Start
Setting
Control Panel

Switch To Classic View

Click On
Add Or Remove Programs

Look
For in the List
For Bing
And remove it

Now Would You Like To
Know How To Remove It
From IE Too?

Mike Yetto

Jan 28, 2017, 2:12:18 PM1/28/17
So it is writ, so mote it be....
John Smith <John_...@lazaras.Mshome.net>:
> wrote in message

> On Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 1:09:21 AM UTC+1, Nick wrote:
>> How can I uninstall/remove Bing?
>>
>> Thanks in advanced.

> Now Would You Like To
> Know How To Remove It
> From IE Too?

Would you happen to know how to remove it from the internet?

Mike "asking for a friend" Yetto
--
"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free
government ought to be to trust no man living with power to

John Smith

Jan 28, 2017, 2:44:08 PM1/28/17
"Mike Yetto" wrote in message

So it is writ, so mote it be....
John Smith <John_...@lazaras.Mshome.net>:
> wrote in message

> On Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 1:09:21 AM UTC+1, Nick wrote:
>> How can I uninstall/remove Bing?
>>
>> Thanks in advanced.

> Now Would You Like To
> Know How To Remove It
> From IE Too?

Would you happen to know how to remove it from the internet?

Mike "asking for a friend" Yetto

Start Internet Explorer
On Menu Bar
Click On Tools
Click on Manage Add-ons
Click On Search Provider

Select the search provider you want to view or change
Click Disabled
Pack a New Default

if you uninstall/remove Bing Software
It may not be there

Mike Yetto

Jan 28, 2017, 9:36:17 PM1/28/17
IE is not the internet, nor is it the only browser to access the
web.

Mike "beware the whoosh bird" Yetto

Hot-Text

Jan 29, 2017, 3:47:29 PM1/29/17
"Mike Yetto" <unet.li...@xoxy.net> wrote in message
> So it is writ, so mote it be....
>>> Now Would You Like To
>>> Know How To Remove It
>>> From IE Too?
>> Would you happen to know how to remove it from the internet?
>> Mike "asking for a friend" Yetto
>> Start Internet Explorer
>> On Menu Bar
>> Click On Tools
>> Click on Manage Add-ons
>> Click On Search Provider
>> Select the search provider you want to view or change
>> Click Disabled
>> Pack a New Default
>> if you uninstall/remove Bing Software
>> It may not be there
>
> IE is not the internet, nor is it the only browser to access the
> web.
>
> Mike "beware the whoosh bird" Yetto

Nor Is Google the internet

I Us Opera
How Do You Remove Google Access
As Search Provider Default On The Sppd Dial

clearlyb...@gmail.com

May 3, 2017, 4:01:07 PM5/3/17
On Friday, July 30, 2010 at 5:22:27 PM UTC-7, Mike Easter wrote:
> Nick wrote:
> > How can I uninstall/remove Bing?
>
> That isn't a very well formulated question - we have to guess at what
> you are talking about.
>
> Are you talking about this Bing bar?
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/toolbar/install-free-toolbar.aspx Download and
> Install the New Free Bing Bar
>
> That same page has an uninstall tab nearby
> http://www.microsoft.com/toolbar/toolbar-removal.aspx Step by step
> instructions on how to uninstall or remove a search toolbar from your
> browser.
>
> Or do you mean bing maps?
>
> You also didn't mention your browser.
>

> --
> Mike Easter

clearlyb...@gmail.com

May 3, 2017, 4:03:55 PM5/3/17
On Friday, July 30, 2010 at 5:09:21 PM UTC-7, Nick wrote:
> How can I uninstall/remove Bing?
>
> Thanks in advanced.

you can start by ignoring the discourteous, sarcastic, little finger below who gave the first answer. Must be a white house guru. Namaste

Mynews

May 4, 2017, 9:44:21 AM5/4/17

kristens...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2019, 6:27:49 AM1/28/19
On Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 2:09:21 AM UTC+2, Nick wrote:
> How can I uninstall/remove Bing?
>
> Thanks in advanced.

i want to remove bing but i don't know how

Steve

Jan 28, 2019, 7:49:52 AM1/28/19

wotsit kristens...@gmail.com sed...
https://www.pcworld.com/article/204718/dump_bing.html

This newsgroup is dead. You'll get faster and more
detailed responses in alt.comp.os.windows-10.