troubleshooting parse_tweets?

Green Stuff

May 1, 2014, 2:20:21 PM5/1/14
to 140dev-twitt...@googlegroups.com
Hi - I've been using the twitter framework for almost 2 years now and it has been working amazingly.  I suffered a bad crash the other day and now strangely everything is working (from oath to mysql and get_tweets puts all new ones into the json_cache table okay) but for some reason the parse_tweets work is no longer working.  Status remains 0 on all new tweets getting added to json_cache.  When I run parse_tweets the mysql server CPU usage goes up for a few minutes then stops, so it's doing something but back to json_cache and no tweets have been moved or statuses changed. I was going to add var_dump throughout parse_tweets but before I do, was hoping maybe someone has a tip or advice on troubleshooting this?  Thanks in advance.

Adam Green

May 1, 2014, 2:29:07 PM5/1/14
to 140dev-twitt...@googlegroups.com
The first thing check is whether any of the tweet tables have been corrupted. MySQL can check and defragment the tables.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 1, 2014, at 2:20 PM, Green Stuff <intens...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi - I've been using the twitter framework for almost 2 years now and it has been working amazingly.  I suffered a bad crash the other day and now strangely everything is working (from oath to mysql and get_tweets puts all new ones into the json_cache table okay) but for some reason the parse_tweets work is no longer working.  Status remains 0 on all new tweets getting added to json_cache.  When I run parse_tweets the mysql server CPU usage goes up for a few minutes then stops, so it's doing something but back to json_cache and no tweets have been moved or statuses changed. I was going to add var_dump throughout parse_tweets but before I do, was hoping maybe someone has a tip or advice on troubleshooting this?  Thanks in advance.

Green Stuff

May 1, 2014, 3:15:10 PM5/1/14
to 140dev-twitt...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Adam!  For your quick response and you were right on the money... running mysqlcheck solved my problem:

>mysqlcheck -u 140dev -p --auto-repair 140dev

140dev.json_cache
warning  : 9 clients are using or haven't closed the table properly
error    : Found 407095 keys of 407096
error    : Corrupt
140dev.tweet_mentions
warning  : 8 clients are using or haven't closed the table properly
status   : OK
140dev.tweet_tags
warning  : 8 clients are using or haven't closed the table properly
status   : OK
140dev.tweet_urls
warning  : 8 clients are using or haven't closed the table properly
status   : OK
140dev.tweets
warning  : 8 clients are using or haven't closed the table properly
status   : OK
140dev.users
warning  : 8 clients are using or haven't closed the table properly
status   : OK

Repairing tables
140dev.json_cache
info     : Wrong bytesec:   0-  0-  0 at 2052533412; Skipped
warning  : Number of rows changed from 407096 to 407095
status   : OK

... and we're back!