Reding EAN13 but zxing is returning UPC-A

waldir dias

Feb 13, 2022, 10:51:12 AM2/13/22
to zxing
hello, everyone and goog afternoon.
I developed android app using zxing, but when I scan EAN13 that begining with zero the zxing return only twelve digits. How can I get full content? Or another way to solve this question. Image attachment.
Thank you for attention.

ean13.jpeg
ean13.jpeg

Lachezar Dobrev

Feb 14, 2022, 5:06:15 AM2/14/22
to waldir dias, zxing
  Quote from Wikipedia article on EAN-13:

The most commonly used EAN standard is the thirteen-digit EAN-13, a superset of the original 12-digit Universal Product Code (UPC-A) standard developed in 1970 by George J. Laurer.[1] An EAN-13 number includes a 3-digit GS1 prefix (indicating country of registration or special type of product). A prefix with a first digit of "0" indicates a 12-digit UPC-A code follows. A prefix with first two digits of "45" or "49" indicates a Japanese Article Number (JAN) follows.

  Basically an EAN-13 with a leading zero is indistinguishable from the UPC-A bar-code without the leading zero.

waldir dias

Feb 14, 2022, 6:52:40 AM2/14/22
to zxing
Hello,
if I understand correctly, this EAN-13 this EAN-13 that is wrong, It could not start with zero.
Thank you.