Can not decode QR Code

Daniel

Sep 12, 2022, 5:26:15 AM9/12/22
to zxing

Hi,

We are using ZXing to decode QRCode invoices.

I have been sent an invoice that I am unable to decode. It does not decode using the ZXing online validator either. It does not scan in any application on my mobile phone (the qr code is not even detected). However, it is decoded correctly using the official swiss QR invoice validator : https://www.swiss-qr-invoice.org/validator/?lang=fr .

I can not understand where the issue is. If it can be validated by the swiss QR invoice validator it should be valid. But I can not decode it anywhere else. Which suggests there is a problem with the QR code.

Does anybody have an idea?

Kind regards,

Daniel

KuryQROnly.png

Farman Ali

Sep 12, 2022, 6:04:34 AM9/12/22
to Daniel, zxing
Just you can increase resolution .I have already scanned my mobile apps and Zebra ds2278 scanner please check my attached file.

scan data.txt
viber_image_2022-09-12_15-58-29-403.jpg

Daniel

Sep 12, 2022, 7:51:15 AM9/12/22
to zxing
Thanks for your reply.

I do not understand what you mean by "increase resolution", the QR code I am decoding is embedded in a 3 page PDF. I simply extracted the QR code here for simplicity.

I need to be able to decode QR codes in a java application, which is why I am using the zxing SDK. I can not use a hardware scanner for my application.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Sean Owen

Sep 12, 2022, 8:09:49 AM9/12/22
to Daniel, zxing
Not sure, but, counterintuitively, try resizing to a smaller image with just the QR code, or apply light blur. That can remove noise and make it work sometimes.

Daniel

Sep 13, 2022, 8:35:04 AM9/13/22
to zxing

Hi,

Thanks for the idea. I have tried bluring the image. That is not helping.

I have attached two full examples.

The pass-page.png is an invoice with a QR code generated using ZXing in our application. That is decoded fine using the zxing decoder.

The fail-page.png is an invoice received by our customer. The QR code is not detected at all by zxing decoder. I have tested using the mobile app Barcode Scanner (by zxing). I can see on the screen that the 3 corner markers are detected (orange spot in the center of each), but the QR code as a whole is not read. The other QR code reader apps I have also fail to detect the QR code.

Using Barcode Scanner the pass-page.png QR code is detected immediately.

I can not figure out if it is something wrong with the QR code itself. Or if it is zxing that is having problems with this specific QR code.

It is difficult to tell our customer the problem is with the QR code if it is valid according to the "official" swiss invoice validator : https://www.swiss-qr-invoice.org/validator/?lang=fr

Kind regards,

Daniel
fail-page.png