bin/zotonic config | grep password

carnel yve

Dec 3, 2023, 7:42:03 AM12/3/23
to Zotonic developers
I have just installed zotonic and wanted to take it for a ride. I can't seem to get past the first screen, because the password is not correct. I have been locked out many times for hours because of "too many errors".
This is the page of the doc I am following:
Have things changed?
Thanks.

Marc Worrell

Dec 3, 2023, 9:21:10 AM12/3/23
to zotonic-d...@googlegroups.com
Did you use the username wwwadmin?

For sites it is admin, for the Zotonic status site it is wwwadmin.

Cheers, Marc

Sent from my iPhone

carnel yve

Dec 3, 2023, 11:01:10 AM12/3/23
to Zotonic developers

THis is the status page url: https://localhost:8443/zotonic/status
I have been trying with wwwadmin.
To get the password, I run "bin/zotonic config" | grep password".  I do it inside the container.
Then I get the message:
Either the email or the password you entered is incorrect. Please try again.
Thank you for this amazing piece of software.

carnel yve

Dec 3, 2023, 5:31:59 PM12/3/23
to Zotonic developers
I ended up compiling the project myself and not using docker. I am now able to go past the status page.
Thank you for your time. :-)

Marc Worrell

Dec 4, 2023, 11:37:19 AM12/4/23
to zotonic-d...@googlegroups.com
Maybe we should just remove (or discourage to use) those docker images - we don’t use them ourselves as running native is much faster and easier for development.

Cheers, Marc