ZoomFloppy v1.2?

Spiro Trikaliotis

Nov 6, 2020, 3:08:11 PM11/6/20
to zoomflop...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

is there a ZoomFloppy v1.2, as can be seen in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3lPk0X7eUA&t=34

What is it?

Regards,
Spiro.

--
Spiro R. Trikaliotis
https://spiro.trikaliotis.net/

RETRO Innovations

Nov 6, 2020, 3:21:16 PM11/6/20
On 11/6/2020 2:08 PM, Spiro Trikaliotis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there a ZoomFloppy v1.2, as can be seen in this video?
Not from me there is not. :-)  1.0a is the newest I created.
Looks like he took the ZF schematic and relaid out the board to be smaller.

Jim

Spiro Trikaliotis

Nov 7, 2020, 12:11:03 PM11/7/20
to zoomflop...@googlegroups.com
But it does not help us when we want to find out if the user has an
original ZF or another xum1541 based board.

So, in the future, when we ask if someone has a ZoomFloppy, we should
also ask him which version, so we know if it is something like that one?

Nate Lawson

Nov 7, 2020, 6:42:58 PM11/7/20
to zoomflop...@googlegroups.com
Ugh, he should use a different name instead of claiming a version number change. I should have trademarked it.

-Nate

RETRO Innovations

Nov 7, 2020, 7:12:18 PM11/7/20
On 11/7/2020 5:42 PM, Nate Lawson wrote:
> Ugh, he should use a different name instead of claiming a version number change. I should have trademarked it.

Most folks have been good about not using the name.  I also don't see
that he sells the board, so I'm not sure it's a thing in the wild.

Jim

Nate Lawson

Nov 8, 2020, 3:22:45 PM11/8/20
to zoomflop...@googlegroups.com
Why don’t I ask him to pick a different name?

-Nate

Nate Lawson

Nov 9, 2020, 1:54:48 AM11/9/20
to ZoomFloppy Users
I’ve emailed him at a few different addresses but all bounced. If anyone knows how to contact him, let me know.

-Nate

nhoijtink

Dec 17, 2020, 10:03:10 AM12/17/20
to ZoomFloppy Users
As i understand it, it is a ZoomFloppy fork for the ProMicro board. In the below Github repository is a version number 1.2.2.0 in the source files. The youtube comments refer to a website  HopFenSchlodel Forum | Ihnen wird der Zutritt zu dieser Seite verwehrt. in German language. I did not register on it. That website might just be a generic forum though, ut the compiled binary is on that forum, so they might be able to help out.

If i can assist/help out in any way just let me know.

Spiro Trikaliotis

Dec 17, 2020, 11:50:02 AM12/17/20
to ZoomFloppy Users
Hello,

* On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 07:03:10AM -0800 nhoijtink wrote:
> As i understand it, it is a ZoomFloppy fork for the ProMicro board. In the
> below Github repository is a version number 1.2.2.0 in the source files.
[...]
> xum1541: Added Pro Micro board · zyonee/opencbm@2e8264c · GitHub

That github repository is known. In fact, it has been integrated into
the OpenCBM sources.

The author of that repository never ever claimed to create a ZoomFloppy;
he only claims to be an xum1541, which is correct.

The PROMICRO based xum1541 devices look differently, as they must
contain the PROMICRO board. Additionally, the Zoomfloppy v1.2 seems to
run from the original ZoomFloppy firmware; the PROMICRO cannot.

So, I believe you are wrong in your assumptions.