Fwd: [ZWIA] ZWIA ZERO WASTE GLOBAL calls Friday August 191:00 Pacific

1 view

rican...@aol.com

Aug 17, 2022, 11:25:15 PM8/17/22
to zw...@googlegroups.com, gree...@grrn.org, zerowa...@googlegroups.com

JOIN ZERO WASTE GLOBAL CALLS

Friday August 19, 2022
·        11 am PD5 in English
·        12:00 PDT in Spanish

  For convenience, here is a tiny URL: https://tinyurl.com/ZWIAglobal

 English Agenda:
1.  International Zero Waste Sharing "what’s up?".
2.  Dialogs in Brazil and Costa Rica
3..  ZWIA Organizational Affiliate Application https://forms.gle/R5e3RvVjvg9uBrWh7
4. Zero Waste Declaration (see below)

The Global Call in Spanish will start right after the Global Call in English at 12 pm PDT (all are invited to both). Elena and Annemarie will translate between English and Spanish to encourage everyone to join in.  T This call will start at 12 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time.

Zoom link for both meetings:
One click:
For convenience, here is a tiny URL: https://tinyurl.com/ZWIAglobal

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 864 7107 5413
Passcode: 016479287
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdltOxN1Uh
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8217753588?pwd=dTFhVGYyM2F6VTNic3VBd3lTY05JQT09

Or dial in via Zoom.com
Meeting ID: 821 775 3588
Passcode: ZeroWaste

Time Zone converter
https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/pdt-to-costa-rica-san-jose

Dial by your location
        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 821 775 3588
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aemwdPen2o

Zero Waste Declaration
The first Earth Day was over 50 years ago. Recycling, its natural industrial child, was envisioned to complete the resource circle, save the wilderness, generate jobs, and build the back end of the GNP all at once.
We  believe the Earth calls us each and all to move swiftly towards Zero Waste.
This Zero Waste World will be founded on environmental and social justice principles that help create vibrant communities in harmony with nature:
● Center Equity: We stand in solidarity with and support the efforts of frontline communities and Black, Indigenous and People of Color. We envision a just and inclusive system resulting in a sustainable and regenerative future, while advocating for policies and practices that ensure human safety, equitable access to resources and opportunities, and elimination of toxins and pollution that negatively impact ecological health.
● Redesign: We insist that manufacturers minimize and, where possible, eliminate hazards and redesign products for highest material and energy efficiency, focusing services and products to embody durability, repairability, reuse, with recycling and/or composting as a final option, in that order.
● Ban Wasteful Products: We will ban products that are demonstrated to be wasteful by design, or contaminate recycling or composting programs, or are problematic in the environment.
● Make Producers Responsible for Problem Products: We insist companies minimize and, where possible, eliminate the hazards their products pose to the environment and human health throughout the entire life cycle of the product, from resource extraction to final disposition.  Further, producers should be held financially responsible for remedies of their product’s impacts - including costs for health care, management of discards, and environmental clean-up.
● Separate at the Source: After redesign, we will collect all discarded materials and products separated at the source and further sort them into higher quality fractions for reuse, recycling, or composting, with nothing left out and nothing left over.
● Rescue Food and Compost Organics: We will establish and support programs to rescue food for people and animals, and to recover organic materials to make and use compost and mulch to reduce and sequester greenhouse gases.
● Support and Expand Repair and Reuse: We will support existing reuse and repair organizations and infrastructure and expand opportunities for reuse and repair through outreach and education, promotion, and investment.
● Build Zero Waste Infrastructure: We will invest in Zero Waste infrastructure,  including resource recovery parks, to safely salvage usable items and parts and handle all discards as resources to be refined.
● End Welfare for Wasting: We will end subsidies for resource extraction and support choosing recovered materials first for manufacturing.
● Advocate and Adapt as Needed: We will use our power as advocates and professionals to show what is possible and help policymakers avoid mistakes in meeting the goals that  we help them envision. Responses to new challenges such as pandemics, natural disasters, and weather- related emergencies should not create barriers to move towards a more sustainable society.

To achieve a worldwide culture that sustains the planet in perpetuity, we stand together!

-
Pardon duplicate postings!
Zero Waste USA is offering Introduction to Zero Waste twice this fall and again in January 2022. The same content will be taught three times at a variety of times so to better meet student needs. Registration is open for this affordable $50 course.
A standalone, this is the first of our three-part Zero Waste Associate series. Class Two and Three will be taught in Spring 2022 starting in March. After completion of all three classes, interesting group projects and the open-book exam, you will be certified as a Zero Waste Associate by Zero Waste USA. Join 50+ professionals who have been certified to date! For more information and testimonials, please visit our Training pages.
Please share this great opportunity with your network!
PS. Introduction to Recycling, presented by the Northern California Recycling Association, will be taught by ZWUSA staff on Tuesday, January 11, 2022 AND Wednesday, January 12, 2022 from 8:30am - 12:30 pm, $50. Students must attend both days to receive a certificate of completion. Focused on California, it is a lively and interesting class for all. Details will be posted shortly on the NCRA website.

Sample Footer for HTML formatted content
Unsubscribe
672 Robinson Road
Sebastopol, CA 95472
United States
.

rican...@aol.com

Sep 11, 2022, 7:02:37 PM9/11/22
to zw...@googlegroups.com, gree...@googlegroups.com, zerowa...@googlegroups.com
JOIN ZERO WASTE GLOBAL CALLS

Friday Septem 16, 2022

rican...@aol.com

Oct 16, 2022, 6:20:20 PM10/16/22
to zw...@zerowastecanada.ca, gree...@googlegroups.com, zerowa...@googlegroups.com

International Dialog December 5-8. 2022 San Jose Costa RicaJ
OIN ZERO WASTE GLOBAL CALLS

Friday October 212022
·        11 am PD5 in English
·        12:00 PDT in

 English Agenda:
1.  International Zero Waste Sharing "what’s up?".
2.  Dialogs in Costa Rica