Remove a recitation from zekr

Dr. Muhammad Masroor Ali

Mar 28, 2015, 8:16:45 PM3/28/15
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Assalamu Alaikum,
I find that zekr lets one add a recitation. But how do I remove a recitation from zekr?

Thanks and regards,

Dr. Muhammad Masroor Ali
Professor
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology
Dhaka-1205, Bangladesh

Phone: 880 2 966 5650 (PABX)

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

Mohsen Saboorian

Mar 29, 2015, 2:44:18 AM3/29/15
to Zekr Group
Salaamon Alaikum wr,

Remove it manually: your Zekr workspace is something like this in Windows: C:\Users\your_user_name\.zekr and something like this in Linux: ~/.zekr.
Now find res/audio in your Zekr workspace. You can remove it to remove a recitation. Make sure to remove also .properties file from your res/audio for that recitation.

Regards,
Mohsen

Dr. Muhammad Masroor Ali

Mar 30, 2015, 8:21:48 PM3/30/15
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Walaikumus Salam,
In mu Linux machine, the relevant directory turned out to be /usr/share/zekr/res/audio.

Actually, I wanted to remove the low bit rate recitations when I had other similar ones.

Your suggested method worked perfectly.

May Allah Subhanatawala reward you for your good deeds.