Any plan to add tagging feature besides bookmarks?

Mohammad Norouzee

Apr 25, 2014, 11:40:45 PM4/25/14
to ze...@googlegroups.com

Hi

I always have been looking for a software to be able to find the part/verse of Quran quickly when I need it as a reference but unfortunately each application has some advantages and disadvantages.. regarding Zekr I have to say it is one of the best applications I've ever seen but again I have this difficulty with it. Bookmarking in Zekr is good but not very efficient.

If you use Evernote (an application to save your personal notes),  you'll notice how easy it is to find your text just by searching through the tags you already defined for your texts. If you provided tagging mechanism for Zekr, it will be amazing source of to extract the facts and verses from Quran.

If I am able to define a series of tag for a verse, when I need a related verse of Quran I can easily and quickly find it by just typing the tag that I know.

Is there any plan to add this feature to Zekr?

Thanks so much and God bless you.

Mohsen Saboorian

Apr 26, 2014, 12:50:12 AM4/26/14
to Zekr Group
Saalam,

I accept that our current bookmarking is not so efficient when compared to the need tagging answers. When developing bookmarking feature (6-7 years ago), I wanted to implement something like Firefox bookmarks. Firefox those days didn't have tags, but it was later implemented. Zekr doesn't have it yet, and since there is not active development, no plan to implement it.

Regards,
Mohsen

Mohammad Norouzee

Apr 27, 2014, 4:36:16 AM4/27/14
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Salam
Thanks for your reply. Can you please let me know how do you package the source code for Mac?
When I run it in my local machine, I can't see any menu item!!! Even though the resource folder is there.

Thanks!

Mohammad Norouzee

May 1, 2014, 8:41:53 AM5/1/14
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Salam
If I create this feature, would you help me to get it done with all those translations and configuration stuff?

Actually, I did downloaded the source code and managed to add tags and you can even search through those tags but there are things that I don't understand... for example, I have defined some properties to caption the pop up form but it doesn't pick those up. (the 'config' folder is detected by application though)

Mohsen Saboorian

May 6, 2014, 2:26:32 PM5/6/14
to Zekr Group
Salaam,