Zekr file is damaged

Karim Abu Shakra

Jan 8, 2014, 5:19:33 AM1/8/14
to ze...@googlegroups.com
I tried repeatedly to download Zekr to my macbook pro and imac after they were reformatted with a fresh installation of OS X 10.9 and every time I run the Zekr installation file I get a message that it is corrupted with an option to move it to trash.

Pls help.

Karim

Ali Rastegar

Jan 8, 2014, 11:29:21 AM1/8/14
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Have you tried right clicking the Zekr.app and clicking "Open" to bypass the Gatekeeper?
The corrupted message can be related to the OS X Gatekeeper.

Karim Abu Shakra

Jan 8, 2014, 3:38:42 PM1/8/14
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I did and I got the message that Zekr is damaged.

Ali Rastegar

Jan 9, 2014, 5:20:37 PM1/9/14
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I guess the software you used to extract the Zekr install archive is not preserving the file permissions.
You can try Unarchiver to extract the tar.gz archive.
If your problem persists, put Zekr.app in the Applications folder, open Terminal (from Applications/Utilities) and paste this command:
chmod +x /Applications/Zek.app/Contents/MacOS/Zekr
Then press return to execute the command..
After that try again opening the Zekr.app, and this time if you get a warning about the developer being unidentified, use the right click method to bypass GateKeeper.

Ali

Karim Abu Shakra

Jan 10, 2014, 11:22:44 AM1/10/14
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ali

I used unarchiver and it didnt work. Also put zekr in the applications folder and typed the command in the terminal. It said no such file or directory.

Karim

Ali Rastegar

Jan 10, 2014, 5:45:22 PM1/10/14
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Sorry, I missed an r, it should be Zekr.app:
chmod +x /Applications/Zekr.app/Contents/MacOS/Zekr
But it probably wont fix it for you either.

There is another workaround that may work, you can disable Gatekeeper, open Zekr, and after it starts successfully you can enable Gatekeeper again, you won't need to repeat this workaround the next time you want to open Zekr.

BTW, I guess I have found the fix for this issue with Gatekeeper and will send a fix to Mohsen soon.
Thanks for reporting this issue.

On Jan 10, 2014, at 7:52 PM, Karim Abu Shakra <karim....@gmail.com> wrote:

chmod +x /Applications/Zek.app/Contents/MacOS/Zekr

Karim Abu Shakra

Jan 11, 2014, 8:01:20 AM1/11/14
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I got it to work through this: Open "System Preferences", click "Security & Privacy",in the General tab click the lock at the bottom of the window, enter your password, choose "Anywhere" for "Allow applications downloaded from:".

Thanks

Ali Rastegar

Jan 11, 2014, 3:58:02 PM1/11/14
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes, that's what I meant about disabling the OS X Gatekeeper.
You can set it back to "Mac App Store and identified developers" now that Zekr opened successfully.

BTW, I guess you are going to have some other problems on OS X 10.9 too, here is a modified version of Zekr 1.1.0 that is supposed to work better with newer versions of OS X: