The ability to search multiple Root words that are on the same verse.

Mazin Abdel-Hameed

Dec 17, 2013, 8:36:30 AM12/17/13
to ze...@googlegroups.com
Salaam Zekr Developers,

I've been using "Zekr for mac OS X", for more than three years and its is by far one of the best Quran apps out there. especially the powerful search features like Root Search and Advance Search.

I hope if its possible to add the ability to search multiple root words that are on the same verse. For example, if I am looking for a verse that have both the root words "هدى" and "نفس" then the search will only display those verses which have both root words. This will refine the number of verses on the result page.

 I have a suggestion on how the GUI would look like. using Boolean Logic "AND, OR, NOT" same  idea which OSs use for searching a file, folder or a word on their systems.

Thank to all Zekr Developers for creating this application, it helped me on my research to understanding Allah words.

Regards
Mazin

Mohsen Saboorian

Jan 3, 2014, 10:17:07 AM1/3/14
to Zekr Group
Salaamun Alaikum,

Thanks for your suggestion. This is currently loosely possible by using advanced search and boolean operators. By anyways it's a good idea to support multiple root word search.

Regards,
Mohsen