ZAP Evangelists

psiinon

Nov 1, 2013, 6:05:32 AM11/1/13
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
I want to encourage people to do ZAP presentations and training, and one of the things I was considering was a "ZAP Evangelists" page on the wiki, detailing people who are happy to do ZAP talks and/or training.
It would probably just be a simple table with things like:
  • The persons name
  • An optional link to a profile, eg on the OWASP wiki, LinkedIn etc
  • Contact details, email, twitter, whatever
  • The region they are happy to talk in (eg US West coast, or wherever)
  • Any specific aspects of ZAP they focus on, eg automated regression tests
  • Links to previous talks - videos, slides etc

Anyone here like to be on such a list?

Cheers,

Simon

Mauro Risonho de Paula Assumpção

Nov 1, 2013, 6:17:26 AM11/1/13
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Simon.

You can count on me! It will be an honor to be evangelist ZAProxy!

In security events in my region, already speak some tools and also be able to talk about the ZAProxy.

When the wiki link is available, send us to add.

Cheers,

@firebitsbr

psiinon

Nov 1, 2013, 7:46:52 AM11/1/13
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Great!

I've created a page on the wiki: http://code.google.com/p/zaproxy/wiki/ZapEvangelists

Please update it with your details, or post them to this thread.

I havnt linked to it from anywhere else yet, I'd like to build up a few more names before doing that ;)

Many thanks!

Simon

Zack Syn

Nov 2, 2013, 11:18:38 AM11/2/13
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Hey Simon,

count me in for France :)

psiinon

Nov 2, 2013, 11:54:59 AM11/2/13
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Cool - I've put some initial details on http://code.google.com/p/zaproxy/wiki/ZapEvangelists - any changes you'd like me to make?

Many thanks,

Simon

Dan Cornell

Nov 2, 2013, 3:04:31 PM11/2/13
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
I'm a ZAP-vangelist! (can we have t-shirts?)

I'm happy to talk to give talks anywhere I happen to be, which is usually roaming around the US. Also happy to give demos via Skype or WebEx for remote people. We've switched to ZAP (from WebScarab) for all our training classes and use it as our primary dynamic scanner example technology when we do fun R&D stuff.

Thanks,

Dan

Adrien de Beaupre

Nov 2, 2013, 7:45:38 PM11/2/13
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Add me to Canada please!

Cheers,
Adrien de Beaupre

psiinon

Nov 3, 2013, 6:33:50 AM11/3/13
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
You are indeed!

I've added you to this list - let me know if you'd like anything changed.

Good point about the t-shirts - I'll start a separate thread about that, as that applies to ZAP developers, testers, translators etc as well!

Many thanks!

Simon

psiinon

Nov 3, 2013, 6:34:21 AM11/3/13
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Done - let me know if you'd like anything changed.

Many thanks!

Simon

psiinon

Nov 3, 2013, 12:44:31 PM11/3/13
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
I've just updated http://code.google.com/p/zaproxy/wiki/ZapEvangelists to include a 'languages' column and a general note that most evangelists are happy to travel to give talks/training as long as expenses are covered.
I've assumed 'English only' for people on the list unless you've said otherwise ;)
Please let me know if I've got anything wrong.

Cheers,

Simon

Mateo Martinez

Nov 3, 2013, 12:47:17 PM11/3/13
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com

Add me for spanish and english in latam region ;)

Best,

Mateo

psiinon

Nov 3, 2013, 12:53:16 PM11/3/13
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Added some initial info for you :)
Just talks or training too?
And want to include twitter / linkedin links?

Many thanks,

Simon

Mateo Martinez

Nov 3, 2013, 2:20:26 PM11/3/13
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com

Both. I'll update it.
Very good initiative!

psiinon

Nov 6, 2013, 5:49:15 AM11/6/13
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks!

Simon
OWASP ZAP Project leader

Juan Kinunt

Nov 18, 2013, 4:04:51 AM11/18/13
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com

Simon,

I would like to give talks or/and training in Spain, in English or Spanish.

My email is fc...@seinhe.com, my twitter account is @florenciocano and my LinkedIn account is http://www.linkedin.com/in/florenciocano

I have done a talk in 44CON (in English) about risk assessment of web applications and Navaja Negra, a Spanish security conference, about fuzzing browsers with Peach Fuzzer. The video of this last talk is here http://youtu.be/nznEmm3Uud8 (in spanish).

Hope to be able to help the ZAP project!

psiinon

Nov 18, 2013, 4:56:16 AM11/18/13
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Let me know if/when you give any ZAP talks and I'll help publicise them :)

Thanks for joining the ZAP community!

Simon

Juan Kinunt

Nov 18, 2013, 7:45:16 AM11/18/13
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com

Simon,

Have ZAP project already developed presentations for ZAP talks and/or scripts/documentation for the training?

If not, I can develop something and share with the list in order to tune it before using it.

psiinon

Nov 18, 2013, 10:06:39 AM11/18/13
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
All of the ZAP talks I've given are linked off my OWASP page - feel free to rip any of them off ;)
And I'd be very happy to publicise anyone elses presentations - mine work for me, but I know everyone gives talks in their own ways, so mine might not work well for everyone else.

I've talked about ZAP training scripts with a few people, and I really like the idea.
We dont really have anything like that at the moment, but would love to create some.
My rough plan was to try and develop them as required - so if you're planning a ZAP course then let me know and I'll give whatever assistance I can.
It would be really great if we could have a set of ZAP course notes that anyone could download and then deliver.

Cheers,

Simon

David Tillemans

Nov 19, 2013, 2:24:18 AM11/19/13
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
- David Tillemans
I talk in Belgium, but willing to go talk in holland, germany, england
I use ZAP in evaluations and trainings. I also give talks about regression testing together with Findbugs and PMD

Benjamin Walther

Jan 25, 2014, 11:59:13 PM1/25/14
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Very short notice, but I'll be providing a general intro and demo of ZAP at AppSec California.

Feel free to include my gmail address on the ZAP Evangelists page. ben.w...@gmail.com

Maybe one of these days I'll join twitter.

-Ben

psiinon

Jan 27, 2014, 5:36:24 AM1/27/14
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for doing this, and please let us know how it goes!

I've added you email address to the ZAP Evangelists page.

Cheers,

Simon

psiinon

Feb 7, 2014, 5:23:12 AM2/7/14
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
I've set up a Google Group just for ZAP Evangelists: http://groups.google.com/group/zaproxy-evangelists

The intention is that this will be the way for people to contact all evangelists and should make it easier for evangelists to control how they get such messages.
It can also be used for other related topics, such as ZAP training courses :)

I _think_ I've invited all of the current evangelists, but the group is open to anyone to join.

Cheers,

Simon

jess.ver...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2014, 9:59:44 AM4/11/14
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I'd like to become a ZAP Evangelist - I've worked with it for a couple of months; I'm a Web App Sec Engineer for a Financial Services company in the States. I'd also like to become a contributing developer on the project; Contact me at your leisure, I'll do whatever is necessary - I see a lot of promise in this tool.

thanks,

Jess

psiinon

Apr 11, 2014, 10:53:08 AM4/11/14
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jess,

Welcome aboard!

If you can send me all of the details you'd like to add to the table on http://code.google.com/p/zaproxy/wiki/ZapEvangelists then I'll update it asap.

Re contributing, have a look at http://code.google.com/p/zaproxy/wiki/Projects and also http://code.google.com/p/zaproxy/wiki/Development
If you see anything you like that no ones working on then just let us know :)

Many thanks,

Simon

gmaran23

May 2, 2014, 4:57:14 AM5/2/14
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon,

I just did a quick search for India in the ZAP evangelists page, and the results came out none. I do use ZAP couple of times a week, and I would be working on integrating it with the build. I have been teaching ZAP to all the QA folks at my organization, and I would wish to take it outside my organization as well. Could I send my details to you to add myself to the evangelists page?

Thank you for coordinating and maintaining such an active community.

Maran

psiinon

May 2, 2014, 5:01:57 AM5/2/14
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Please do :)

Many thanks,

Simon

Ammar Brohi

Jan 19, 2015, 5:16:20 PM1/19/15
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Hey Simon,

I would like to be in the ZAP's Evangelists, Because this is community driven and fully open source project, I would love to contribute as much as I can.

Below is my Information needed for evangelist.
Thanks,

Ammar Brohi

psiinon

Jan 20, 2015, 4:22:27 AM1/20/15
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ammar,

I've added your details to https://code.google.com/p/zaproxy/wiki/ZapEvangelists - if you'd like any changes then just let me know:)
I'll also send you an invite the the ZAP Evangelists group.

Many thanks!

Simon

Ammar Brohi

Jan 20, 2015, 6:37:47 AM1/20/15
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Dear Simon,

I appreciate your work, Can you please change Training Column to Y? Coz we would love to talk and train people about ZAP.
I am working on designing a Certified Web Defender course that uses OWASP ZAP as core tool for testing.

Thanks,
Ammar Brohi

psiinon

Jan 20, 2015, 7:48:01 AM1/20/15
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Done :)

marcin.j...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2015, 3:38:42 AM3/4/15
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Hello Guys,

my name is Marcin Kopeć and I'd like to volunteer to the ZAP community as the ZAP Evangelist.
Most of my professional life are related with pentesting where I'm using ZAP extensively :)

I can give talks and training in Poland in Polish and English.

My contact details are:

Have a nice day,
Marcin

psiinon

Mar 4, 2015, 4:35:22 AM3/4/15
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marcin,

Thanks for volunteering!
I've updated https://code.google.com/p/zaproxy/wiki/ZapEvangelists - if you'd like any changes then just let me know.
And please join the http://groups.google.com/group/zaproxy-evangelists group if you havent already.

Cheers,

Simon

marcin.j...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2015, 5:23:56 AM3/4/15
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Simon,

thx! Should be all enough for the moment :)
I joined the group.

Have a nice day,
Marcin

John Koen

Mar 18, 2015, 2:33:02 PM3/18/15
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Hello fellow ZAP users,

My name is John Koen and while I consider myself a beginning intermediate user of ZAP, I am happy to help in any way possible.

My details:
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/johnckoen
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Language: English
ZAP Proficiency: Beginning Intermediate

Best,
John Koen

shaikh Farooque

Feb 23, 2016, 7:25:51 AM2/23/16
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group

Hi Simon

You can count on me in India. I am mostly using ZAP in most of my projects. It is really a good stuff.

Also happy to give demos via Skype or WebEx for remote people. I could not find the wiki list so posted here.

My details:
LinkedIn: www.in.linkedin.com/in/mail2farooque
Location: Pune, India
Language: English
ZAP Proficiency: Intermediate

Regards,
Shaikh Farooque

kingthorin+owaspzap

Feb 23, 2016, 8:22:34 AM2/23/16
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group

ryerson...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2016, 11:59:59 AM2/23/16
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
I'd volunteer but i don't think i know enough to teach others yet. Thanks for volunteering people :)

Abhay Bhargav

Jul 31, 2017, 6:49:39 PM7/31/17
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hi Simon

I would love to be listed as a ZAP evangelist. I already use it and talk about it extensively in all my talks and training workshops.

Name: Abhay Bhargav
twitter: @abhaybhargav
Happy to talk: India/US (west coast, east coast),
Stuff I focus on in ZAP: ZAP API, ZAP in CI, ZAP Scripting
youtube link of my talk at OWASP AppSec EU 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrTShcOW8kM

psiinon

Aug 1, 2017, 3:57:22 AM8/1/17
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Abhay,

Please add yourself to the Evangelists page, and join the ZAP Evangelist group (if you havnt already) :)
Many thanks for including ZAP in your talks - I'll email you directly about how to get a complementory ZAP t-shirt with our thanks!

Note to anyone who gives a ZAP talk (or one which heavily features ZAP) at a conference - just send me a link to your planned talk and it will hopefully qualify for a free ZAP t-shirt.

Cheers,

Simon

Amit Kulkarni

Jan 17, 2018, 12:52:57 AM1/17/18
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group

Hi Simon,

Can you please add me on ZAP evangelist list. I have implemented it in my organization and soon going to talk about it in one of the conference.

Name: Amit Kulkarni
Present talk in: Australia - Perth (also other cities, if required)
Interest and focus: Automated Security Testing using ZAP Python API

Thanks & regards,
Amit Kulkarni

Amit Kulkarni

Jan 18, 2018, 2:45:53 AM1/18/18
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hi Simon,

I have added myself to the evangelists page.

Thanks,
Amit

psiinon

Jan 18, 2018, 4:03:55 AM1/18/18
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Great - was going to suggest you did that yourself :)

Many thanks!

Simon

Mohammad Febri

Dec 5, 2018, 3:05:47 PM12/5/18
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hi Simon,

Could you please to add me on ZAP evangelist list. I would like to learn and contribute more with ZAP. Here the information:
Thanks and regards,
M. Febri Ramadlan

psiinon

Dec 7, 2018, 8:58:15 AM12/7/18
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hiya,

Sorry for the delayed response - I'm at a Mozilla Allhands event so crazily busy ;)
Will sort this out next week!

Many thanks,

Simon

OWASP ZAP Project leader

psiinon

Dec 10, 2018, 11:26:57 AM12/10/18
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
I've just added you to the Evangelist page.
Many thanks, and if you would like to contribute in any other ways then just let me know :)

Simon
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to zaproxy-develop+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Mohammad Febri

Dec 10, 2018, 12:33:37 PM12/10/18
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Simon,
I plan to learn HUD first then will arrange for sharing session in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Regards,
Febri
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to zaproxy-devel...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/zaproxy-develop/736438e1-3863-4664-99c8-d39bc7eddcd6%40googlegroups.com.

psiinon

Dec 10, 2018, 12:38:02 PM12/10/18
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Great!
Be very interested to hear how you get on with the HUD.
We've not had much detailed feedback yet...

Cheers,

Simon

Appsec Team

Dec 14, 2018, 4:00:23 AM12/14/18
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hi Simon

I am very excited to be in the list. I have been extensively using the ZAP tool and integrated with the BDD framework for automation to deal with complex authentications. I have been working on the Web AppSec for 8 years now and do occassional bug hunting on bugcrowd. I can do ZAP talks/training in London in ENGLISH. Please add details

Name:Ramakanth
place: London
Focus area : ZAP UI, ZAP APIs, Integration with BDD automation framework

Regards

Takanori Matsumoto

Aug 12, 2019, 6:34:42 AM8/12/19
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hi Simon,

Could you please to add me on ZAP evangelist list?  In August 2014, I started a community called “脆弱性診断研究会 (Security Testing Workshop)” and has held OWASP ZAP hands-on seminars more than 70 times.

I would like to learn and contribute more with ZAP. Here the information:

Name: Takanori Matsumoto
Contact details: nil...@gmail.com or twitter: @nilfigo
Region talk: Japan
Interest and focus on: ZAP for Penetration Testing and Automation Testing

"脆弱性診断研究会 (Security Testing Workshop)"

I am active in the OWASP Japan promotion team.

Regards,
Takanori Matsumoto

2013年11月1日金曜日 19時05分32秒 UTC+9 psiinon:

kingthorin+owaspzap

Aug 12, 2019, 10:23:20 AM8/12/19
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Done, you've been added.

Let us know if any of the details need to be tweaked.

Takanori Matsumoto

Aug 15, 2019, 4:52:12 AM8/15/19
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Thank you for your time.

Could you modify the following two items in the list of ZAP Evangelists, please?

* Languages
"Japanese/English" -> "Japanese"

* Training
"N" -> "Y"

Regards,
Takanori Matsumoto

2019年8月12日月曜日 23時23分20秒 UTC+9 kingthorin+owaspzap:

thc...@gmail.com

Aug 15, 2019, 5:32:00 AM8/15/19
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Done.

Best regards.

Marek Šottl

Aug 30, 2019, 3:28:23 AM8/30/19
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
dear all,
I want to become ZAP evangelist. Can you please add me to the list?

psiinon

Sep 2, 2019, 5:48:33 AM9/2/19
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hi Marek,

Many thanks!

Simon

Marek Šottl

Sep 2, 2019, 7:13:51 AM9/2/19
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Hello Simon,
thank you a lot for adding me, I am already planning some speeches with mentioning ZAP.

Again, many thanks,
Marek

po 2. 9. 2019 v 11:48 odesílatel psiinon <psi...@gmail.com> napsal:

Ing. Marek Šottl MBA.,
CEH, CISSP, ITIL, SCF, AWS SAA
Hackitect and Cosultant

Gow

Sep 5, 2019, 6:32:23 AM9/5/19
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hi Simon,

Like to add my self to be part of "ZAP Evangelists", wrote few blogs on automation with ZAP and same has been added in ZAP wiki. Many thanks for that.

Since i have plans to publish few more blogs and present talks, like to be part of evangelists too.

Details:
Name : Gowtham Sundar
Contacts:
Locations: Chennai, India
Languages: English
Talks: Y
Training: Y
Notes / Specialities : Exploring Security Automation with ZAP
Previous talks / training / other links : Blogs - https://medium.com/@gowsundar  / https://github.com/zaproxy/zaproxy/wiki/ZAP-Articles

Thanks

Gowtham

Sep 12, 2019, 2:37:39 PM9/12/19
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Any updates please ??

psiinon

Sep 13, 2019, 3:35:18 AM9/13/19
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hi Gowtham,

I've just added your details to the Evangelists page.

Sorry for the delay, and look forward to your blog posts and talks - make sure you post about them here!

Many thanks,

Simon

Gowtham

Sep 14, 2019, 4:05:12 AM9/14/19
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Sure Simon, Thanks a lot for adding me.

Caleb

Feb 5, 2020, 7:59:10 PM2/5/20
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Simon,
I would love to be a ZAP Evangelist - I am actually giving a talk at a local meetup in June about ZAP (Event) and  am also working on my first ZAP add-on.

Name: Caleb Kinney
Contact
-  Email: c...@cak.codes
Region: Maryland, USA / Remote
Languages: English
Talks: Yes
Training: Yes
Notes: AppSec, Automation / ZAP API, Bug Bounty. GitHub

psiinon

Feb 6, 2020, 4:33:46 AM2/6/20
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hiya Caleb,

Great - I've just submitted a PR to the ZAP website: https://github.com/zaproxy/zaproxy-website/pull/23
I've also just tweeted about your event - let us know how you get on with that.
And good luck with your ZAP add-on - any questions or problems then just ask :)

Welcome aboard!

Simon

Caleb

Feb 6, 2020, 8:37:32 PM2/6/20
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Woot! Thanks Simon and will do. :)

bujo taduran

Feb 7, 2021, 10:18:56 AM2/7/21
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hi, Simon!

Thank you for your ZAP in 10. The skills gained through that set of videos are good enough to fulfill security testing requirements of web apps for regulators auditing companies here in the Philippines.

I am one of the trainers now here in Manila. I wanted to be part of this community of evangelists and promote this tool more.

Just submitted my pull request: https://github.com/zaproxy/zaproxy-website/pull/329

Thank you, for the continuous great work of zap proxy team!

psiinon

Feb 8, 2021, 4:58:57 AM2/8/21
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Thats great - you're now on https://www.zaproxy.org/evangelists/ :D

Many thanks,

Simon

Eduardo Godoy Vega

Mar 21, 2021, 12:29:24 PM3/21/21
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hey Simon,

I´d like to be part of ZAP Evangelists... from Chile, SouthAmerica, spanish language.

Regards,
Eduardo Godoy

Luigy

Mar 21, 2021, 1:17:04 PM3/21/21
to zaproxy...@googlegroups.com
Welcome all :)

Luigy

psiinon

Mar 22, 2021, 5:31:52 AM3/22/21
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Hi Eduardo,

Great :)
Can you submit a PR to add your details to the end of https://github.com/zaproxy/zaproxy-website/blob/master/site/data/evangelists.yaml ?
Or you can just reply with those details here if you're not used to git.

Many thanks,

Simon

Eduardo Godoy Vega

Mar 23, 2021, 11:12:52 AM3/23/21
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Done :)

psiinon

Mar 23, 2021, 11:39:08 AM3/23/21
to OWASP ZAP Developer Group
Can you double check you've submitted it to the right repo?