EUSS / Appendix EU

Zambrano Carers

Jan 11, 2021, 7:52:31 AM1/11/21
to Zambrano Carers

Have you been approved? Refused? Have anything to share?

Olu Olubiyi

Jan 26, 2021, 4:44:41 AM1/26/21
to MPBC
Refused in September 2020

MPBC

Jan 26, 2021, 4:47:26 AM1/26/21
to MPBC
Hi Olu,

Sorry to hear about your refusal. Thank you for sharing. I started this discussion forum to help Zambrano carers. I was previously @lolwe on another board which shall remain nameless. If you feel comfortable, we can talk about your refusal and possible strategies for moving foward? Also, if you want to talk to the media, there are some journalists who are interested in your story. You can talk to them anonymously, if you prefer.

Cheers,
lolwe

jemi...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2021, 9:27:28 AM2/9/21
to MPBC
I was refused based on me having leave to remain under another route. please can someone who has gone through it before, help with how I should go about appealing? Thanks for reading

jemi...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2021, 9:27:35 AM2/9/21
to MPBC
Hello guys, I haven't noticed much engagement on this group. Have we all lost the fire to fight back, please let us keep going?🙂 I was refused but found this group out, with the hope to get a bit of support with what I should do next as I have leave to remain under another route not the EUSS? Can anyone help please

MPBC

Feb 9, 2021, 9:32:00 AM2/9/21
to MPBC
Hi Jemimacee,

The EU Settlement rules (Appendix EU) say that you can not have leave to remain under another part of the rules. You can not win a challenge to the rules on a simple appeal.  You would probably have to go to the Appeals Court or the Supreme Court and argue the rule is unlawful. I am sorry to say this, but I don't think you would win the lawfulness argument, because Parliament is sovereign. Parliament made the rules.

When does your current leave expire?

MPBC

Feb 9, 2021, 9:34:55 AM2/9/21
to MPBC
I agree that there should be more engagement on this group.  I am happy to offer support and advice in areas I am comfortable talking about.

The deadline for EUSS applications is 30 June 2021. However, it is still possible to apply after this deadline.  Wait for your current leave to expire. A month or so before it expires, apply for settlement under EUSS (Appendix EU). Even if you apply after the deadline, they should still process your application. You seem to me to have a good excuse for filing late. If they refuse to accept your (late) application, appeal to the First Tier Tribunal.

Hope that helps!

jemi...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2021, 11:38:07 AM2/9/21
to MPBC
Oh I see what you men then. My leave expires in Oct 2021.

Jemima

Feb 9, 2021, 12:04:14 PM2/9/21
to MPBC
Thanks for this input