Honor: Dr. Jumoke Yacob-Haliso

1 view

Toyin Falola

Feb 28, 2020, 6:45:03 AM2/28/20
to dialogue, Yoruba Affairs

Dr. Jumoke Yacob-Haliso has been appointed as the first African to ever chair the FTGS Executive Committee of the ISA in its 30 years of existence. The list of past chairs of the section is a list of the founders and doyens of feminist international relations, and it is indeed a great honor for her to join that list.

The ISA represents 100 countries with over 7,000 members worldwide. It is the most respected, most widely known, and at 61 years old, one of the oldest interdisciplinary associations in the field of international, transnational and global affairs.

Dr. Yacob-Haliso and Punam Yadav (UCL) were elected as joint Chairs of the Executive Committee of the Feminist Theory and Gender Studies Section (FTGS)  for the 2020-2023 term.

Websites:

FTGS: https://www.isanet.org/ISA/Sections/FTGS

ISA: https://www.isanet.org/ISA/About-ISA

Ser her expansive project, The Handbook of African Women’s Studies https://link.springer.com/referencework/10.1007%2F978-3-319-77030-7

A huge congratulations.

Toyin Falola

Department of History

The University of Texas at Austin

104 Inner Campus Drive

Austin, TX 78712-0220, USA

kolawole adekola

Feb 28, 2020, 6:56:36 AM2/28/20
to Toyin Falola, dialogue, yorubaaffairs
Congratulations Dr Yacob-Haliso.
Kola

ayandiji daniel

Feb 28, 2020, 8:47:06 AM2/28/20
to toyin...@austin.utexas.edu, dialogue, Yoruba Affairs
Honor well deserved. Congratulations!

Ayo Olukotun

Feb 28, 2020, 8:47:06 AM2/28/20
to toyin...@austin.utexas.edu, dialogue, Yoruba Affairs
Hefty felicitations.with Prof Yacob_Haliso for the honour and well doing.. Needless to add that the applause embeds a challenge to march the billings by working even harder.. Bravo   Prof Olukotun

Ademola Dasylva

Feb 28, 2020, 8:47:06 AM2/28/20
to Toyin Falola, dialogue, Yoruba Affairs
Hearty congratulations, JY-H! Again, you have done Africa proud by this unique, well deserved, successful election as co-Chair, FTGS Executive Committee of the ISA.  I wish you a very successful tenure that is fulfilling and rewarding.
Cheers,

Ademola Dasylva

Amidu Sanni

Feb 28, 2020, 1:01:38 PM2/28/20
to Toyin Falola, yorubaaffa...@googlegroups.com, dialogue, Yoruba Affairs
I add my voice, or perhaps more appropriately, my line to the song of congratulations to Jumoke. It is a pride to us all.

Professor Amidu O. Sanni (PhD Lond)
FRAS, FBRISMES, MUEAI, FASN
Vice-Chancellor,
Fountain University, Osogbo Nigeria

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/yorubaaffairs/CAAoMOOeibvkaB7W6oRwWjdBRzqV5ZiLSbBRigLQifVFC6gcVeA%40mail.gmail.com
.

Ogunfolakan Adisa

Feb 28, 2020, 1:01:38 PM2/28/20
to dialogue, Yoruba Affairs, yorubaaffa...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations to our own Dr. Olajumoke, the Yeye Luwo Gbagida of our time!

Adisa Ogunfolakan (PhD) Director,
Natural History Museum, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
Email: bogu...@oauife.edu.ng Web: http//oauife.edu.ng/museum 234-803-717-6488 234-811-945-8048

Michael Afolayan

Feb 28, 2020, 3:43:57 PM2/28/20
to dialogue, Yoruba Affairs, yorubaaffa...@googlegroups.com
Hail to the Dean!

Heart-felt congratulations to the indefatigable lady. May this be the beginning of greater and mightier things to come your way. Proud of you, Olajumoke!

Michael O. Afoláyan