Meet Kemi Adegoke Badenoch . . .

Michael Afolayan

Jul 20, 2022, 6:34:41 AM7/20/22
to Usaafricadialogue, Yoruba Affairs
Here is a juggernaut of British politics in the Tory turf; the prophet(ess) that would have had no honor in her own country. MOA

Oluwatoyin Adepoju

Jul 20, 2022, 6:38:42 AM7/20/22
to Usaafricadialogue, Yoruba Affairs
Thanks.

In what way is she a prophetess?

The kinds of views associated with her look quite problematic to me.

Thanks

Toyin

On Wed, Jul 20, 2022, 11:34 'Michael Afolayan' via Yoruba Affairs <yoruba...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Here is a juggernaut of British politics in the Tory turf; the prophet(ess) that would have had no honor in her own country. MOA

Michael Afolayan

Jul 20, 2022, 9:04:42 AM7/20/22
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com, Yoruba Affairs
Sorry, Toyin, I was invoking a biblical allusion, that, "A prophet is not without honor except in his home country" in respect to the fact that Kemi would probably not be allowed to be as relevant in Nigeria (her natal home) as opposed to becoming a force to be reckoned with away from home. Remember that the only region where Jesus Christ could not preach was the region of Judea, where he came from. That was what prompted that saying. Thanks a bunch!

MOA

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Michael Afolayan

Jul 21, 2022, 12:29:46 AM7/21/22
to 'Michael Afolayan' via USA Africa Dialogue Series, Yoruba Affairs
We can ill afford such watchdog over our collective interest, or can we?
Thanks, Gloria!

MOA

On Wednesday, July 20, 2022 at 09:24:34 PM GMT+1, 'Emeagwali, Gloria (History)' via USA Africa Dialogue Series <usaafric...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

An ultra right winger that would sell all of us
down the river.

Professor Gloria Emeagwali
Prof. of History/African Studies, CCSU
africahistory.net; vimeo.com/ gloriaemeagwali
Recipient of the 2014 Distinguished Research
Excellence Award, Univ. of Texas at Austin;
2019 Distinguished Africanist Award
New York African Studies Association