3d printing

Charlotte Bythesea

Nov 21, 2021, 6:01:00 PM11/21/21
to york-ha...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

My Leeds hackspace membership has recently lapsed and I'm looking for somewhere to print some parts, but mostly someone to help me do it. I haven't 3d printed before so I need some serious guidance, particularly as the project needs to be very strong and sturdy.

I'm wanting to make a little printing press using this design https://openpressproject.com/blogs/news/how-to-3d-print-your-own-printing-press

Can anyone help?

Thank you

Charlotte

Lex Bailey

Nov 22, 2021, 6:14:04 AM11/22/21
to york-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Charlotte! :)
That looks like a really cool little 3D printing project. 3D printing so you do 2D printing, :D

If you're able to make it to the hackspace on one of our wednesday night open evenings then you'll almost certainly find plenty of people to chat to about 3D printing. That'd be my recommendation.
Is this just a one-off project? Or your way into the world 3D printing?

If you aren't able to for make it to an open night for whatever reason then maybe someone here with access to the printers at the space will be able to help you. You can also try the #3d-printing channel on our discord server, if you like: https://york.hackspace.org.uk/discord

Good luck with the project,
Lex.