How to install Xataface with external MySQL DB

Florian Fey

Dec 31, 2021, 10:03:26 AM12/31/21
to Xataface
Hi guys,
I just installed Xataface on a domain from my webshoster where I also have my database.
Then wenn I go to this url I get forwarded to the installer.php page where I should enter a username and password.
But when I enter that I got an HTTP 500 error.
Can anybody help?
Thanks!

Steve Hannah

Dec 31, 2021, 10:56:18 AM12/31/21
to xata...@googlegroups.com
You would need to check your error log for specifics.
If you can't get the installer to work, a manual install is frankly pretty easy.

This tutorial is still mostly valid and describes the process.

Steve

Steve Hannah
Web Lite Solutions Corp.