using enviroment var for connection to database

giorgio.s...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2021, 9:17:58 AM8/12/21
to Xataface
is it possible to user an env var   instead     using conf.ini for connection to database?

Steve Hannah

Aug 12, 2021, 9:23:48 AM8/12/21
to xata...@googlegroups.com
Yes.  Prefix your host/user/pass values in your conf.ini file with a dollar sign.

[_database]
  host=$MY_HOST
  user=$MY_USER
  password=$MY_PASS

Will use environment vars MY_HOST, MY_USER, and MY_PASS for the host username and password.

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 6:17 AM giorgio.s...@gmail.com <giorgio.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
is it possible to user an env var   instead     using conf.ini for connection to database?

Steve Hannah
Web Lite Solutions Corp.

giorgio.s...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2021, 1:23:28 PM11/9/21
to Xataface
Ok Thx, I will try with Docker, there is a build for docker?

Steve Hannah

Nov 9, 2021, 1:26:02 PM11/9/21
to xata...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 10:23 AM giorgio.s...@gmail.com <giorgio.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok Thx, I will try with Docker, there is a build for docker?

There is not currently a docker build.  I use a Mac for development, and Docker really sucks on Mac.  At least I/O sucks to the point where it's just not worth it.