negated wildcard Pattern Matching not working

tom wible

Mar 2, 2019, 9:31:43 AM3/2/19
to Xataface
per http://xataface.com/wiki/URL_Conventions, i can search for records containing a wildcard:
%cg.org

but i can't  negate that:

returns all records:-\ the generated url is
?-action=list&-table=owners&-cursor=0&-skip=0&-limit=30&-mode=find&-edit=1&email=!%3D%25cg.org

can i buy a clue, pls?-)

Steve Hannah

Mar 4, 2019, 4:30:39 PM3/4/19
to xata...@googlegroups.com
Wildcards only work with the ~ operator.  Use !~ instead of <>

Steve Hannah
Web Lite Solutions Corp.

tom wible

Mar 6, 2019, 10:18:50 AM3/6/19
to Xataface
ah worx perfectly, thanx!

airdrummer

Feb 21, 2021, 10:47:39 AM2/21/21
to Xataface
d'oh! now this isn't working again...i can find email addrs containing cg.org, but not not containing:-\

On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 10:18:50 AM UTC-5 airdrummer wrote:
ah worx perfectly, thanx!

Steve Hannah

Feb 21, 2021, 10:51:41 AM2/21/21
to xata...@googlegroups.com
I don't think there have been any changes that should affect this.

airdrummer

Feb 21, 2021, 11:07:05 AM2/21/21
to Xataface
sorry i was forgetting the wildcard !~% dang that's an apropos emoji;-)
1 more thing: i can find fields that are >0 (not null) but not fields that _are_ NULL (such as my edConsent date)
is that possible?