Downloading longblob files ...

Roberto Brunelli

May 24, 2021, 9:27:28 AM5/24/21
to Xataface
Hi,

I am able to upload a zip file to the mysql db (and compute say its MD5 hash).
When I donwload the file using, e.g., phpmyadmin (as a blob) everything is fine, i.e. the file is the same I uploaded, BUT when I save it using the link provided by xataface it seems that a few characters are added at the very beginning and it is no longer the same file (if I remove the first characters I recover the original file).

Any hint on what I am missing?

Thx,

Roberto Brunelli

May 25, 2021, 8:05:53 AM5/25/21
to Xataface
ADDITION: the added (hex-)chars at the beginning are '0A' '0A' ... and it may be the case that other newlines in the 'binary' blob are affected I guess ..

Roberto Brunelli

Jun 3, 2021, 9:10:33 AM6/3/21
to Xataface
uhm ... no hints from anyone?

Steve Hannah

Jun 3, 2021, 11:17:27 AM6/3/21
to xata...@googlegroups.com
0x0A is the new line character.

Probably you have some whitespace after your closing ?> tags in some of your files.  Check your delegate classes.  Often it is just safer to just omit the closing ?> tag as PHP will work fine without it.

Steve Hannah
Web Lite Solutions Corp.

Roberto Brunelli

Jun 4, 2021, 2:50:12 AM6/4/21