ANNOUNCE: wxPython 4.0.5

Robin Dunn

May 19, 2019, 11:10:57 PM5/19/19
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com, wxpyth...@googlegroups.com, wx-u...@googlegroups.com, wx-an...@googlegroups.com, Python-Ann...@python.org

Announcing wxPython 4.0.5
=========================

PyPI: https://pypi.org/project/wxPython/4.0.5
Extras: https://extras.wxPython.org/wxPython4/extras/
Pip: ``pip install wxPython==4.0.5``

Changes in this release include the following:

* Added missing HtmlWindow.ScrollToAnchor method, and also a couple
methods in HtmlCell too. (#1141)

* Added missing setters for the wheel-related properties in
wx.MouseEvent. (#1140)

* Updated wxWidgets commit reference, bringing fixes for #1140, #1086
and #1147.

* Fix the use of the output parameter in HtmlWindow.OnOpeningURL the
same way it was fixed in
HtmlWindowInterface.OnHTMLOpeningURL. (#1068)

* Fixed a crashing bug when using a member of a transient
wx.VisualAttributes object. Also set the attributes to be read-only
to simplify the fix. (#1198).

* Updated the sip being used in wxPython builds to version 4.19.16.

* Added helper functions to check results of wxWidgets configure
during the build of wxPython. Currently used to determine if the wx
webview, glcanvas, and media libraries should be added to the link
command. (#1138)

* Fixed scrollbar issue with ListCtrlAutoWidthMixin (#1215)

* Fixed file access in the wx.py and wx.tools.pywxrc packages to be
Python 2 and 3 compatible. (#1193, #1156)

* Fixes for building with Python 3.8 on Linux. (#1227)

Have fun!

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman

Mario Lacunza

May 20, 2019, 5:36:56 PM5/20/19
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just upgrade my installation using pip, after some missing packages I can compile and run this version. I just test the demo (https://extras.wxpython.org/wxPython4/extras/4.0.5/) and I get this error when I run:

mario@pc:~/Programas/wxPython-demo/demo$ python3 HTML2_WebView.py
Violación de segmento (`core' generado)

any ideas? Im running Ubuntu 18.04, 64bits, Python 3.6.7 and wxPython 4.0.5

Saludos / Best regards

Mario Lacunza
Email:: mlac...@gmail.com
Personal Website:: http://www.lacunza.biz/
Hosting:: http://mlv-host.com/
Skype: mlacunzav

Lima - Peru

Scott Talbert

May 20, 2019, 5:52:29 PM5/20/19
On Mon, 20 May 2019, Mario Lacunza wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just upgrade my installation using pip, after some missing packages I can
> compile and run this version. I just test the demo
> (https://extras.wxpython.org/wxPython4/extras/4.0.5/) and I get this error
> when I run:
>
> mario@pc:~/Programas/wxPython-demo/demo$ python3 HTML2_WebView.py
> Violación de segmento (`core' generado)
>
> any ideas? Im running Ubuntu 18.04, 64bits, Python 3.6.7 and wxPython 4.0.5

I might expect that if you were missing some dependencies when you built
wxWidgets possibly. But in 4.0.5, wxPython should be able to handle the
missing dependencies better. Can you run

coredumpctl gdb

and provide the results?

Scott

Mario Lacunza

May 20, 2019, 5:57:04 PM5/20/19
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scott,

When I made the upgrade process using pip, I see some errors, all of them missing dev libs, so was easy to fix.

Here is the result:

mario@pc:~/Programas/wxPython-demo/demo$ coredumpctl gdb
No match found.

Saludos / Best regards

Mario Lacunza
Email:: mlac...@gmail.com
Personal Website:: http://www.lacunza.biz/
Hosting:: http://mlv-host.com/
Skype: mlacunzav

Lima - Peru

niki

May 21, 2019, 3:43:55 AM5/21/19
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com, wx-u...@googlegroups.com, wx-an...@googlegroups.com, Python-Ann...@python.org
On 20.05.19 г. 6:10 ч., Robin Dunn wrote:

> Announcing wxPython 4.0.5
> =========================
>
> PyPI:   https://pypi.org/project/wxPython/4.0.5
> Extras: https://extras.wxPython.org/wxPython4/extras/
> Pip:    ``pip install wxPython==4.0.5``

platform: win64
after pip install -U wxPython i got this:

Installing collected packages: scandir, pathlib2, MarkupSafe, Jinja2,
colorama, babel, alabaster, snowballstemmer, packaging,
sphinxcontrib-websupport, imagesize, sphinx, pkginfo, tqdm,
requests-toolbelt, webencodings, bleach, readme-renderer, twine,
appdirs, funcsigs, pluggy, attrs, py, atomicwrites, wcwidth,
more-itertools, pytest, pytest-forked, apipkg, execnet, pytest-xdist,
wheel, pytest-timeout, wxPython

Are all these packages really required?

Niki

Robin Dunn

May 21, 2019, 12:10:06 PM5/21/19
to wxPython-users
On Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 12:43:55 AM UTC-7, niki wrote:
Installing collected packages: scandir, pathlib2, MarkupSafe, Jinja2,
colorama, babel, alabaster, snowballstemmer, packaging,
sphinxcontrib-websupport, imagesize, sphinx, pkginfo, tqdm,
requests-toolbelt, webencodings, bleach, readme-renderer, twine,
appdirs, funcsigs, pluggy, attrs, py, atomicwrites, wcwidth,
more-itertools, pytest, pytest-forked, apipkg, execnet, pytest-xdist,
wheel, pytest-timeout, wxPython

Are all these packages really required?

No. I thought it might be a good idea to set the install_requires in setup.py from the contents of the requirements.txt file, but I didn't think through the side effects far enough.

BTW, I've discovered a (probably) rare but fatal bug on OSX, so I'll probably be doing a 4.0.6 build tonight and release tomorrow. I'll include undoing the install_requires change.

--
Robin

Scott Talbert

May 21, 2019, 12:42:51 PM5/21/19
to wxPython-users
I ran into this too when updating the Fedora package to 4.0.5. I was
going to propose separating out the requires into test_requires and
setup_requires, as most of these aren't actually needed as
install_requires. I think mainly just six, pillow, and numpy?

Scott