Creating GUI Applications with wxPython Book Released

Mike Driscoll

May 14, 2019, 1:41:07 PM5/14/19
to wxPytho...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just wanted to let my fellow wxPython users know that my newest book, "Creating GUI Applications with wxPython", has now been released.

If you would like to check out a free sample of the book, you can get one on Leanpub - https://leanpub.com/creatingapplicationswithwxpython/c/wxusers

That link will also give you a $10 discount off the book should you decide to purchase it.

I am also doing a $10 off sale for that book and all my other self-published books on Gumroad. You can use the following coupon code on any of my books there: tenoff

The link for my books is this one: https://gumroad.com/driscollis

Let me know if you have any questions and let's keep creating fun new applications in Python!

Mario Lacunza

May 19, 2019, 9:06:04 PM5/19/19
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike!

I bought the book today, excellent and very good work! Thanks!

Saludos / Best regards

Mario Lacunza
Email:: mlac...@gmail.com
Personal Website:: http://www.lacunza.biz/
Hosting:: http://mlv-host.com/
Skype: mlacunzav

Lima - Peru

Robin Dunn

Mike Driscoll

May 20, 2019, 2:02:02 PM5/20/19
On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 12:13 PM Robin Dunn <ro...@alldunn.com> wrote:
Indeed, it looks to be very well done and teaches a wide range of  functionality.

--
Robin

Thanks for the endorsement, Robin. That means a lot to me.

I actually put out an update today for the eBook versions that fixes some weird syntax highlighting issues that were happening (among other things). As usual with my books, they will receive updates for several years after publication.

Mario Lacunza

May 20, 2019, 2:14:07 PM5/20/19
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
Mike,

is the update in Leanpub available? I dont get any message from them yet..

Saludos / Best regards

Mario Lacunza
Email:: mlac...@gmail.com
Personal Website:: http://www.lacunza.biz/
Hosting:: http://mlv-host.com/
Skype: mlacunzav

Lima - Peru

Mike Driscoll

May 20, 2019, 2:17:57 PM5/20/19
On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 1:14 PM Mario Lacunza <mlac...@gmail.com> wrote:
Mike,

is the update in Leanpub available? I dont get any message from them yet..

Oh, I probably forgot to hit the little checkbox. Yes, the update it on Leanpub. I'll get Gumroad updated within the our. Amazon will be later as they go through a review period and I don't like updating it there too often as they are kind of picky about that sort of thing.

Mike

Andre Polykanine

May 25, 2019, 5:41:19 PM5/25/19
to Mike Driscoll
Hi Mike,
Congratulations on your new book!
If perchance you plan to translate the book, please know I'm here to
help with Russian and Ukrainian, if needed. I've been working in
IT localization since 2012, so we can talk this more thoroughly if and when needed.
Thanks!

--
With best regards from Ukraine,
Andre