wx.listctrl strange lagging issue

Nathan smith

Jul 3, 2019, 3:07:45 PM7/3/19
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
Hi there.

I wondered if any of you might be able to help me debug an issue i am
having.

I have a screen which contains a wx.listctrl.

When ever focus is set to this, as it gains focus it seems to lag for
about a second.

Each time i use the arrow keys to move, there is a rough second of lag
before it jumps to the next item, but this lag seems regardless of the
item count, so for example, if I press up arrow twice quickly, it still
lags only 1 second, not too.

Further, if I click on a list item, then click back, this is what
happens in my code:

close panel 2,

reset key bindings,

show panel 1,

set focus to list.

Yet when trying this, it first comes up not responding, and then the
program closes entirely.

Finally the last puzzle.

this only happens if I compile the code using pyinstaller, but not if I
run it uncompiled.

I have no ideas on debugging, but just wondered if anyone knows of a
route to take.

thanks

Nate

Robin Dunn

Jul 3, 2019, 4:28:49 PM7/3/19
to wxPython-users

First, it will be helpful to know more about it. What's the platform? wxPython version? How many items are in the listctrl? What listctrl style flags being used? What do you mean by "reset key bindings"? What does the PyInstaller spec file do? Can you make a small runnable sample that demonstrates the problem? (Note that makings a sample will answer most of the questions and probably most that will come up later.)

--
Robin

Nathan smith

Jul 4, 2019, 9:39:30 AM7/4/19
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com

Hello Robin,

After testing several other programs I have built, I have actually come to the conclusion there is physically nothing wrong with the wx.listctrl at all in the way I've made it, and it is instead, I think, my screen reader that is being a complete pain.

To that end, I apologize.

thank you.

Nathan