How to determine what the refcount should be

johnf

Aug 13, 2019, 12:28:18 PM8/13/19
to wxPython-users

Hi,

OpenSuse 15.1, python 3.6.5, wxPython 4.0.4

Below is a link to a discussion how deal with "builtins.SystemError: <class 'wx._core.WindowDestroyEvent'> returned a result with an error set"

https://github.com/wxWidgets/Phoenix/issues/627

What I’d like to know is how can I determine what the correct ref count should be???? For example if I have one column that contains a bool editor and 2

rows what should the refcount return.

What if the grid contains no data – does the refcount = 0 ??

I think not?

I clearly do not understand the discussion concerning the refcount. It would be helpful if there was some doc that I could read.

What I have determined - this error occurs only if I have a cell editor in my grid and I either change the data within the grid to  new data (not editing - but

replacing the data) or if make changes several changes to the same cell (not sure about this last one).

Johnf