Need to import wx in a VS2017CE Python App

srfpala

Aug 10, 2019, 6:44:46 PM8/10/19
to wxPython-users
VS can’t process the import wx statement.

Trying to use wxPython but
VS 2017CE  reports  No  module named wx
I have wxPython  installed and  running in Pyscripter  and  Idle
So I think  it is installed.
So how do I make it available to VS 2017 CE  ?
TIA
  Bob

Tim Roberts

Aug 10, 2019, 8:53:26 PM8/10/19
to 'Khanh D Dang' via wxPython-users
Visual Studio installs its own version of Python, which needs its own packages. If you go to View, Other Windows, Python Environments, you can choose from the different Python setups that are installed on your machine.

Tim Roberts, ti...@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

srfpala

Aug 12, 2019, 5:09:16 PM8/12/19
to wxPython-users

You were absolutely correct.
    I stayed within the Python Environment of VS2017CE,
    Installed the new pip version and then wxPython
All seems to be working well.
   Thanks again.
    Bob