if only.. that had correspondents in TO-Kee-Yo

danny burstein

Feb 13, 2020, 11:20:53 PM2/13/20
to wnn
[NYT]

Katsuya Nomura, 84, Enduring Star of Japanese Baseball, Dies

His 657 home runs and 1,988 runs batted in were second in the nation's
history, as were his 2,901 hits and 3,017 games. He also had success as a
manager.
=========
rest:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/13/sports/baseball/katsuya-nomura-dead.html

dan...@panix.com

Richard de Give

Feb 14, 2020, 3:05:00 PM2/14/20
to wn...@googlegroups.com
A little late because my laptop was on the injured list, but it appears the broader-based TOPIX did not take this news well at all. Closed wthe week at 1,702.87, down 10.21 points or 0.60 percent.