Budding Economist Badge- proposal

Anil Prasad

Nov 25, 2019, 11:06:27 AM11/25/19
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Friends,

Shall we introduce a badge for students who log on to Million Pillars Economy project page and write an article on the proposed principal theory or sub-theories?

Article should be of minimum 750 words and added as a new discussion.

We may name the badge as Budding Economist (BE). If agreed, wiki volunteers may come forward and design the badge.

(Thank you Steve for designing an awesome project participant badge)

Visit Million Pillars Economy open theory development page at: https://wikieducator.org/Million_Pillars_Economy-_theory_development_project

Warm regards
Anil

Anil Prasad

Dec 4, 2019, 10:49:44 AM12/4/19
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Friends,

I was playing with badgr.com an open platform for creating and awarding badges. Badges can be awarded through email. An interesting platform.

Does anyone here use this platform?

Warm regards
Anil

Stephen Downes

Dec 4, 2019, 11:12:33 AM12/4/19
to wikied...@googlegroups.com, Anil Prasad

This article reports on some work I did with the platform.

https://jl4d.org/index.php/ejl4d/article/view/348/436

-- Stephen

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WikiEducator" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wikieducator/CAMRTCEesnbDx%3DqV%3DM7nEJv8P1JGDhKWi8NYQALwKcgCRkA3Now%40mail.gmail.com.

Anil Prasad

Dec 4, 2019, 8:21:35 PM12/4/19
to Stephen Downes, wikied...@googlegroups.com
Wow Stephen! Amazing work! The most precise and resourceful technical article in the recent times! Thank you very much Stephen for sharing it! I see tremendous possibilities of using it in Million Pillars Economy open theory development project.

A lot of information for louder thinking in the community. All friends may please read it an share thoughts.

Warm regards
Anil

Nagarjuna G

Friends,

Anil and Stephen, though we are not using badgr.com, we are taking the badging engine integrated with https://discourse.com in our STEM education project.  We created customized badge groups, and discourse allows automatic granting when certain criteria are fulfilled (using custom sql queries). Please see https://STEMGames.metaStudio.org/badges.  In this listing the group STEM Habits are customized by us, while the rest are part of the discourse badging system.

--

GN

Anil Prasad

Dec 5, 2019, 10:34:06 AM12/5/19
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Hi GN ji,

Visited the link. It is wonderful! Is this integration easy? Does discourse charge for integration?

Warm regards
Anil

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WikiEducator" group.

Appiah Emmanuel

Dec 5, 2019, 9:08:34 PM12/5/19
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Am much  more interested in such proposals and I will like more information from your side since I just graduated from the University this year with first class. I hold a degree in Agriculture science education

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WikiEducator" group.

Nagarjuna G

Dec 5, 2019, 10:29:38 PM12/5/19
to wikied...@googlegroups.com

It is fully free and open source. Badging is available as a default feature. Customization is intuitive, through the interface. The community at https://meta.discourse.org is very helpful.