DatePicker question

Maxim Solodovnik

Feb 11, 2015, 12:35:14 PM2/11/15
to wicket-j...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sebastien,

I'm currently trying to move from YUI datePicker to jquery-ui datepicker and observing weird behavior:
The code to add DatePicker is:
add(new DatePicker("age", "yyyy/MM/dd", new Options("showOn", Options.asString("button")).set("buttonImage", Options.asString("images/calendar.gif"))));

(form already has Model and model.age is inited with 1977-11-13 date)

TextField renders 1977/11/13 as expected

Then I push on "calendar selector button" and the calendar widget displays current month and year

Am I doing something wrong?

Maxim Solodovnik

Feb 11, 2015, 12:40:31 PM2/11/15
to wicket-j...@googlegroups.com
Additionally on date change the format in text field also changes:
1977/11/13 -> 02/22/2015
(I guess to the default format)

Sebastien

Feb 11, 2015, 4:13:46 PM2/11/15
to wicket-j...@googlegroups.com
Hi Maxim,

Unfortunately jquery ui date format differs from java one, so you have to set the dateFormat option as well [1]. I think there is a post about this, but I know this is poorly documented, my bad

[1] http://api.jqueryui.com/datepicker/#option-dateFormat

Maxim Solodovnik

Feb 12, 2015, 12:12:08 AM2/12/15
to wicket-j...@googlegroups.com
OK, will try to use kendo-datepicker
Thanks for clarifications!

Sebastien

Feb 12, 2015, 4:00:33 AM2/12/15
to wicket-j...@googlegroups.com
> will try to use kendo-datepicker
I know that's your favorite ;)

Pravin

Nov 21, 2018, 7:42:54 AM11/21/18
to wicket-jquery-ui
Hi Maxim,
Have you implemented this in Wicket 8. Can you share the sample code for this implementation?(Any Wicket Version). As I'm new to Wicket and KendoUI, it will be helpful to me.
Thanks,
Pravin.

Maxim Solodovnik

Nov 21, 2018, 7:49:53 AM11/21/18
to wicket-jquery-ui

Pravin

Nov 21, 2018, 9:37:19 AM11/21/18
to wicket-jquery-ui
Thanks Maxim,
I'll look into it and let you how it works for me. Again thanks a lot.