Installation error

Adhi lakshmi

Mar 4, 2022, 8:48:27 PM3/4/22
to WhiteboxTools
Hi every one
I am new to this tools, i have downloaded the tools from the web site  while instatlling in Qgis 3,18 I found the following error

Error reading repository: Whitebox test

Error transferring https://plugins.bruy.me/plugins/plugins.xml?qgis=3.18 - server replied: Not Found.

any one can help me to overcome this issue

Regards

Nayanraj

Erica Wynter

Mar 5, 2022, 10:43:40 AM3/5/22
to WhiteboxTools
I found this message on Bruy's plugin site.  As inconvenient this may be for us I do understand and have sympathy for his position.

WAR

Russia treacherously attacked Ukraine in the morning, as Nazi Germany did in the 2WW. We fight. Fight to protect our land and our families against one of the biggest armies of the world. Fight alone.

I shutdown this site, as there is no other way to communicate my position and prevent agressor, who kills women and children, from using my plugins. Hope to bring it to live as soon as the war stops and involved in war crimes punished.

Русский военный корабль, иди нахуй.

Whitebox Geospatial Inc

Mar 5, 2022, 12:34:04 PM3/5/22
to Erica Wynter, WhiteboxTools

Hi Nayanraj,

Erica is correct, Alex Bruy, the developer of the QGIS frontend for WhiteboxTools, and a Ukrainian national, took all of his many QGIS frontends down a short while ago due to the war with Russia. I am incredibly sympathetic. I have been thinking about Alex, who was one of the first WhiteboxTools users in the world and one of our greatest supporters, often this past week while reading the terrible news of events unfolding in that part of the world.

Recognizing that QGIS is a very common and important frontend used by the WhiteboxTools community, we at Whitebox Geospatial are looking into a temporary solution but it will take some time to develop. In the meantime, you would be advised to access WBT using one of the other frontends, including the WhiteboxTools Runner (which we develop in-house and is therefore always up-to-date), the ArcGIS frontend, or the APIs for either Python or R, each of which are currently available and operational. I suppose that I should probably put a message to this effect on the User Manual. I won’t lie, the optimist in my was hopeful when this first happened that the situation would be quickly resolved, but it’s clear at this point that that will unfortunately not be the case.

Regards,

John

Qiusheng Wu

Mar 5, 2022, 1:38:04 PM3/5/22
to Whitebox Geospatial Inc, Erica Wynter, WhiteboxTools
This is very unfortunate. Hope the war will end soon and Alex will be able to make the plugins available again.

A temporary solution is to download the plugin zip file from here and choose "Install from ZIP" as shown below. I extracted the plugin zip file from my existing installation and tested it on another computer. It works fine.

image.png

--
Qiusheng

Desalew Meseret Moges

Jan 20, 2023, 7:03:07 AM1/20/23
to WhiteboxTools
Dear  Qiusheng and other,

I am looking to install  Whitebox Tools. Since the WBT plugins repository is not working, I am getting installation errors. I was also trying to install it using your suggestion above, but didn't help me.

Could you guide me on how to do it, please?

I would really appreciate your help. I need the tool to be installed ASAP.

Thanks in advance!
Desalew

Whitebox Geospatial Inc

Jan 20, 2023, 8:41:46 AM1/20/23
to Desalew Meseret Moges, WhiteboxTools

Hello Desalew,

I’m afraid that the last version of the QGIS frontend (v1.0.6) had a bug in it that was left-over from my experimentation with applying a floating license to the Whitebox Extension Toolset (WTE). I’ve since fixed this bug and have published v1.0.7 and we are awaiting approval from the QGIS plugin folks. It normally takes a few days. I published the new version yesterday, so keep an eye out for it in the next couple of days. The new version will also have support for LAZ files in QGIS (which has been in the WhiteboxTools backend for quite a long time now).

Regards,

John Lindsay

Desalew Meseret Moges

Jan 20, 2023, 1:11:58 PM1/20/23
to Whitebox Geospatial Inc, WhiteboxTools
Dear Lindsay,

Thanks for the update.