September meeting

Richard Fobes

Sep 23, 2019, 5:39:38 PM9/23/19
to WestsideProggers
Quiz time: At this time each month, what question is usually asked here?

Phil Tomson

Sep 23, 2019, 6:11:56 PM9/23/19
to westside...@googlegroups.com
What's a monad?

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 2:39 PM Richard Fobes <pr...@solutionscreative.com> wrote:
Quiz time: At this time each month, what question is usually asked here?

Matt Youell

Sep 23, 2019, 6:26:01 PM9/23/19
to westside...@googlegroups.com
Finally a topic I have an answer for and would like to present on sometime but alas I’m unavailable this month. :(   Catch you all next time.

Sent from my phone

mar...@reality.com

Sep 23, 2019, 6:31:12 PM9/23/19
to Phil Tomson, westside...@googlegroups.com

> What's a monad?

For me, I'm pretty sure What's an instance of UnboundVar (as in "What
should we have for dinner?") unless it's been unified (e.g. in "He said
What?" or "Tell you what...")

-- M

--
Sent from PINE (GUI? Phooey!)

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Sep 23, 2019, 7:08:27 PM9/23/19
to WestsideProggers, Phil Tomson
How do you get down off an elephant?
What do you call a belly dancer with a sword?
What phrase will you never hear Candice Bergen say?

Borasky Research Journal https://www.znmeb.mobi

Markovs of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains!

Randy Dunlap

Sep 23, 2019, 7:14:33 PM9/23/19
to westside...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like a shortened form of monadnock.

BTW, both Yelp and Nextdoor report that Jin Wah (Beaverton at least) has closed.

--
~Randy [KG7QHD]

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Sep 23, 2019, 7:26:58 PM9/23/19
to WestsideProggers
I haven't been by Jin Wah in a while - the last time I was there it was mostly empty.

Richard Fobes

Sep 24, 2019, 1:39:41 AM9/24/19
to WestsideProggers
monad: A dyslexic programmer who wanders in search of greener programming pastures.

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Sep 24, 2019, 1:44:08 AM9/24/19
to WestsideProggers

d...@fastanimals.com

Sep 24, 2019, 12:40:59 PM9/24/19
to westside...@googlegroups.com
I just flew in from New York and boy are my jokes tired! :)

David

Quoting "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <zn...@znmeb.net>:

> How do you get down off an elephant?
> What do you call a belly dancer with a sword?
> What phrase will you never hear Candice Bergen say?
>

> On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 3:31 PM <mar...@reality.com> wrote:
>

>> > What's a monad?
>>
>> For me, I'm pretty sure What's an instance of UnboundVar (as in "What
>> should we have for dinner?") unless it's been unified (e.g. in "He said
>> What?" or "Tell you what...")
>>
>> -- M
>>
>> --
>> Sent from PINE (GUI? Phooey!)
>>

> --
> Borasky Research Journal https://www.znmeb.mobi
> <https://leanpub.com/masteringdfsanalytics>
>
> Markovs of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains!

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/westsideproggers/CAHkRx6FxUQu6tiEmut-1WE56ARZmGhZQ4T1CnZiEAqkYudHhKA%40mail.gmail.com.

Matt Youell

Sep 24, 2019, 3:31:36 PM9/24/19
On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 9:41 AM <d...@fastanimals.com> wrote:
I just flew in from New York and boy are my jokes tired! :)

+1

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Sep 24, 2019, 4:49:04 PM9/24/19
to WestsideProggers, Phil Tomson
You don't. You get down off a duck.
A veiled threat.
My daddy didn't raise no dummies!

Richard Fobes

Sep 25, 2019, 5:27:52 PM9/25/19
to WestsideProggers
Will our monadic tribe be grazing tomorrow evening at the Beaverton food carts?

Randy Dunlap

Sep 25, 2019, 5:33:09 PM9/25/19
to westside...@googlegroups.com
A lot of restaurants might be busier than usual (including at the food carts)
since Beaverton Restuarant Weeks begins tomorrow.

~Randy [KG7QHD]

mar...@reality.com

Sep 25, 2019, 5:40:34 PM9/25/19
to WestsideProggers

> Will our monadic tribe be grazing tomorrow evening at the Beaverton food
> carts?

I, for myself, am fine with that. If anyone else has a suggestion, I'm
probably fine with their suggestion too.

I'm finding myself fine with everything, myself, since, I've gotten myself
more into the knack of thinking my thoughts in the way I need to write my
code in my Python. My main regret is that my friend Matt won't be at our
dinner for me to show off my "Pythonic" cognative style my self.

-- self.M

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Sep 25, 2019, 6:05:00 PM9/25/19
to WestsideProggers
How early? 6 OK??

Matt Youell

Sep 25, 2019, 10:31:18 PM9/25/19
to westside...@googlegroups.com

I'm finding myself fine with everything, myself, since, I've gotten myself
more into the knack of thinking my thoughts in the way I need to write my
code in my Python.  My main regret is that my friend Matt won't be at our
dinner for me to show off my "Pythonic" cognative style my self.

-- self.M

That’s ok, we can talk about tabs vs. spaces next time. :)

@matt

mar...@reality.com

Sep 26, 2019, 6:51:36 PM9/26/19
to WestsideProggers

> How early? 6 OK??

I should make it there about a quarter after, modulo traffic.

-- M

Tom Harke

Sep 26, 2019, 7:27:25 PM9/26/19
to westside...@googlegroups.com