August meeting

Richard Fobes

Aug 28, 2019, 2:59:04 PM8/28/19
to WestsideProggers
Shall we meet tomorrow at the Beaverton food carts?

After discussing Matt's new job, would there be interest in a presentation/discussion based on a one-page handout? Of course it relates to the Dashrep language, yet it also relates to Forth and Egyptian hieroglyphics and data types (including complex numbers), and would lead to a future discussion about a possible overlap between Wheeler and Dashrep.

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Aug 28, 2019, 3:01:07 PM8/28/19
to WestsideProggers
I'm not going to make it - crunch time at Hack Oregon

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 11:59 AM Richard Fobes <pr...@solutionscreative.com> wrote:
Shall we meet tomorrow at the Beaverton food carts?

After discussing Matt's new job, would there be interest in a presentation/discussion based on a one-page handout? Of course it relates to the Dashrep language, yet it also relates to Forth and Egyptian hieroglyphics and data types (including complex numbers), and would lead to a future discussion about a possible overlap between Wheeler and Dashrep.

Borasky Research Journal https://www.znmeb.mobi

Markovs of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains!

Matt Youell

Aug 28, 2019, 3:48:37 PM8/28/19
to westside...@googlegroups.com
Beaverton carts work for me. 6:30? I’m not opposed to a presentation if I can hear you. :)

Sent from my phone

Tom Harke

Aug 28, 2019, 7:26:33 PM8/28/19
to westside...@googlegroups.com
I'm not likely to make it either as I need to prep for the long weekend.

Congrats Matt! I want to hear more about the job too. Sorry I'll miss it, and dashrep and hieroglyphics.

Matt Youell

Aug 29, 2019, 8:04:06 PM8/29/19
to westside...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tom. I'm likely out next month but will catch you in October. :)

Richard Fobes

Aug 30, 2019, 3:00:15 PM8/30/19
to WestsideProggers
Last night we (Matt, Markus, Phil, and I) spent the time talking about jobs, employers, etc. so there was not enough time (and enough light) for me to give my handout-based presentation.  If there is still interest we can try again in October (not September because Matt will not be there) or some other future month.  And that will give me time to create a second handout page for what otherwise would have been a "to be continued in part two" topic.