November / December

Eric Wilhelm

Nov 21, 2019, 7:38:46 PM11/21/19
to westside...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Did we have a plan for either of these months and I missed the memo? I had a
question mark on my calendar for westside tonight for some reason but maybe
that's just me.

Thanks,
Eric

mar...@reality.com

Nov 21, 2019, 8:04:35 PM11/21/19
to westside...@googlegroups.com

> Did we have a plan for either of these months and I missed the memo? I had a
> question mark on my calendar for westside tonight for some reason but maybe
> that's just me.

Dito. I was thinking about raising the question eariler in the week, but
didn't get around to it. I might be able to do a last minute zoop, if we
get critical mass before too late.

-- M

--
Sent from PINE (GUI? Phooey!)

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Nov 21, 2019, 8:37:40 PM11/21/19
to WestsideProggers
How about something the first or second week of December? I now live across the street from the Elmonica MAX station so anything on the Blue Line works for me.
--
Borasky Research Journal https://www.znmeb.mobi

Markovs of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains!

Matt Youell

Nov 21, 2019, 11:39:23 PM11/21/19
to westside...@googlegroups.com
Agreed. In years past we've done a consolidated meeting in early December, although I think we got snowed out once or twice. I vote for something close to the MAX and warm. Maybe one of the restaurants in the Round or nearby?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Nov 21, 2019, 11:54:42 PM11/21/19
to WestsideProggers
I like the Japanese and Thai places at the Round ... I wasn't fond of the Italian one.

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Nov 21, 2019, 11:55:46 PM11/21/19
to WestsideProggers
Orenco Station has a much better selection of restaurants though.

Matt Youell

Nov 21, 2019, 11:58:47 PM11/21/19
to westside...@googlegroups.com
I'm ok with Orenco, although how late do those places stay open? Also I may have had my fill of mediterranean food for the rest of the quarter century.

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Nov 22, 2019, 12:22:21 AM11/22/19
to WestsideProggers
There's Thai, Chinese, pizza, and probably Japanese too at Orenco.

Matt Youell

Nov 22, 2019, 12:36:24 AM11/22/19
to westside...@googlegroups.com
There is Japanese, and it's good, but cramped quarters. But I'm sure we can find something agreeable.

mar...@reality.com

Nov 22, 2019, 1:06:54 AM11/22/19
to WestsideProggers

> How about something the first or second week of December? I now live across
> the street from the Elmonica MAX station so anything on the Blue Line works
> for me.

I'll be out of state the first week, but the second week works.

mar...@reality.com

Nov 22, 2019, 1:06:54 AM11/22/19
to westside...@googlegroups.com

> I'm ok with Orenco, although how late do those places stay open? Also I may
> have had my fill of mediterranean food for the rest of the quarter century.

I don't understand. The words make sense, but the way you've put them
together makes no sense to me.

mar...@reality.com

Nov 22, 2019, 1:06:54 AM11/22/19
to WestsideProggers

> How about something the first or second week of December? I now live across
> the street from the Elmonica MAX station so anything on the Blue Line works
> for me.

I'll be out of state the first week, but should be able to do the second.

Eric Wilhelm

Nov 22, 2019, 2:28:01 AM11/22/19
to westside...@googlegroups.com
I'll vote 3 stars for anywhere with beer on tap, plus one or two for quality
of food and minus one star for every mile west of 117th. Dec 3rd, 9th, or
19th

Thanks,
Eric

> >> --
> >> Matt Youell
> >> http://youell.com/
> >> 503.610.3816
> >>
> >> --
> >> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/westsideproggers/CABQkUL%3Ds9uF5HPBpjV3
> >> _36d2AhcbD1aUcSESk5Ao6%2Bug6zJkgA%40mail.gmail.com
> >> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/westsideproggers/CABQkUL%3Ds9uF5HPBpj
> >> V3_36d2AhcbD1aUcSESk5Ao6%2Bug6zJkgA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm
> >> _source=footer> .
> >
> > --
> > Borasky Research Journal https://www.znmeb.mobi
> > <https://leanpub.com/masteringdfsanalytics>
> >
> > Markovs of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains!
> >
> > --
> > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/westsideproggers/CAHkRx6FZ0ePb-EXpCojb6A
> > UBuq%3DS9UYJAYwdJ_HQoF%3DFAWu_1A%40mail.gmail.com
> > <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/westsideproggers/CAHkRx6FZ0ePb-EXpCojb
> > 6AUBuq%3DS9UYJAYwdJ_HQoF%3DFAWu_1A%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_s
> > ource=footer> .

Matt Youell

Nov 22, 2019, 9:45:52 PM11/22/19
to westside...@googlegroups.com

Please restate in a one-liner. :)

Sent from my phone

> On Nov 21, 2019, at 11:28 PM, Eric Wilhelm <enob...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'll vote 3 stars for anywhere with beer on tap, plus one or two for quality

Phil Tomson

Nov 22, 2019, 10:08:56 PM11/22/19

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019, 22:06 <mar...@reality.com> wrote:

> I'm ok with Orenco, although how late do those places stay open? Also I may
> have had my fill of mediterranean food for the rest of the quarter century.

I don't understand.  The words make sense, but the way you've put them
together makes no sense to me.

-- M

Same here. I was in San Jose last weekend and had falafels at The Falafel Drive-In and realized that here in the Portland metro area  we have no falafels that are in any way comparable to those. They were amazing. If we had such an establishment here, I'd vote for going there every month.

Phil

mar...@reality.com

Nov 22, 2019, 10:09:31 PM11/22/19
to westside...@googlegroups.com
> Please restate in a one-liner. :)

"Eric might come."

Matt Youell

Dec 4, 2019, 3:48:43 PM12/4/19
to westside...@googlegroups.com
Did we work this out? Is there a December meeting and if so when/where?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Dec 4, 2019, 5:46:59 PM12/4/19
to WestsideProggers
It can't be tomorrow - I picked up a cold at Target Saturday. Yeah, I know - they deliver.

Borasky Research Journal https://www.znmeb.mobi

mar...@reality.com

Dec 11, 2019, 2:50:09 PM12/11/19
to westside...@googlegroups.com

> Did we work this out? Is there a December meeting and if so when/where?

I'll come if it's next week, after I get back.

-- M