Maurry Tamarkin

Steve Lepow

Jul 10, 2021, 9:50:36 PM7/10/21
to Abridged Recipients

Maurry was the ultimate teammate and a true Relic. He coached for many years and always went deep into the Bragging Rights Tournament. This year he just wanted to play and not coach. He was on my team and it was great having him as a teammate. May his passing be for a blessing.

BHann

Jul 10, 2021, 10:43:03 PM7/10/21
to westernm...@googlegroups.com

Maury, after you left us today, we continued to play in your honor.  We played because we believed that you, like most of us, would want us to play on. We will all pass someday, but the game, the Relics, will hopefully always play on.  Let it be remembered that in your final moments, you were playing the game you loved, on the field you loved, with friends that you loved.  May we all be so fortunate.  Rest in Peace.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

steve.mastalerz1

Jul 11, 2021, 7:30:57 AM7/11/21
to Western Mass Relics
RIP

cbrown

Jul 11, 2021, 8:44:51 AM7/11/21
to Western Mass Relics

I had never met Maury before, and having arrived at the Fish just as the scrimmage started, I didn’t have an opportunity to speak with him before it began.  However, I was playing short field, and so I had a birds-eye view of the great catch he made in right field. It was very impressive, especially for someone of his age.  Afterwards, I congratulated him on his play, during which he had fallen, and then I jokingly said that I liked that dramatic flare he had added, to which he replied, “Do I get style points for that!?” I told him, “Absolutely.” We all resumed play and one batter later, someone pointed out that he was down.  What a way to go!  For me, he definitely got style points for the catch and for his quick wit.    RIP!

Steve Lepow

Jul 13, 2021, 9:00:08 PM7/13/21
to Abridged Recipients
Maurry passed away and the funeral is at Ascher Zimmerman Funeral Home on Friday at 10am. Maurry’s wife has requested that any Relic attending wear their uniform jersey. It is not appropriate to send flowers. For further information go to ascherzimmerman.com. There is quite an obituary there as well.