Driver and Skin for DAVIS Weatherlink Console 6313

121 skatījums
Pāriet uz pirmo nelasīto ziņojumu

Werner Krenn

nelasīta,
2023. gada 7. nov. 12:51:1607.11.23
uz weewx-user
A driver (and Skin) for the DAVIS Weatherlink Console 6313 is now available.
It's not the final state, but it already collects the necessary data.

https://github.com/WernerKr/davisconsoleapi

Example:
https://www.pc-wetterstation.de/wetter/weewx7/index.html
https://www.pc-wetterstation.de/wetter/weewx7/healthc/index.html

Greg Troxel

nelasīta,
2023. gada 7. nov. 13:57:3207.11.23
uz 'Werner Krenn' via weewx-user
"'Werner Krenn' via weewx-user" <weewx...@googlegroups.com> writes:

> A driver (and Skin) for the DAVIS Weatherlink Console 6313 is now available.
> It's not the final state, but it already collects the necessary data.
>
> https://github.com/WernerKr/davisconsoleapi

Wow! a lot of progress and thanks for posting.

One thing I'm not following 100%, and it would be good to clarify, but
it looks to me like this driver contacts the Davis cloud rather than the
console, and thus won't work if either
- you don't let your device report to the cloud
- the internet is down

But maybe I'm misreading and you have to set up the API and then can
read locally? Either way, it would be good to explain what's going on
so that people who are cloud-allergic or want to understand failure
modes can understand more easily.

Greg

Tom Keffer

nelasīta,
2023. gada 7. nov. 18:29:0607.11.23
uz weewx...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this contribution, Werner! I'm really glad to see that someone tackled this.

I hope you don't mind a few suggestions.

General:

1. I would separate out the driver from the skin. Modular software is always a better idea.
2. You do a lot of remapping from WL variables to names that are intended to be used within the WeeWX system. This is normally done by a "sensor map", which is read from weewx.conf, rather than hardwired into your code. Many of the drivers on the wiki do this. Here's one: interceptor.
3. One of those sensor maps should map the WL names as closely as possible to the existing WeeWX names so that a user can use all those existing skins out there without modification.
4. You redefine many existing types (e.g., dayRain). This is fine for your own personal customization, but if you are going to redistribute a skin or driver, it is not a good idea. There is a high likelihood that you will collide with someone else's customization.
5. I think all of your "sun events" can already be calculated by the WeeWX "Almanac" class.

Specific suggestions:

1. Some of your unit groups already exist. In particular, "group_amp", "group_db".
2. There is no need for a "group_millivolts". Millivolts is just another unit in group_volt. Units are generally named in the singular, so it should be "millivolt".
3. There is already something like "sunshine_hours". It's called "sunshineDur".
4. Some other observation types also already exist ("totalRain", "stormRain", "rxCheckPercent", etc.).

Anyway, this is an important contribution! Thanks again.

Werner Krenn

nelasīta,
2023. gada 8. nov. 12:18:2308.11.23
uz weewx-user
@Tom
I'm still pretty new to Weewx and don't know all the options yet.

You can also use the Seasons Skin, as the console skin uses its own directory
See the result with Seasons 4.10.2 skin (untouched)

@Greg,
>and thus won't work if either - you don't let your device report to the cloud
- the internet is down

That's correct.
You absolutely need an account at davis.com and an internet connection and report to there cloud.
Ask DAVIS if you would like to provide a local query (API) like Weatherlink Live.
At the moment this option does not exist at all.

Werner
Atbildēt visiem
Atbildēt autoram
Pārsūtīt