OutOfSpan: Attempt to merge an accumulator whose timespan is not a subset

Martin Nielsen

Nov 13, 2019, 3:01:10 PM11/13/19
to weewx-user
Hi

My weewx shuts down shortly after every midnight. It began immediately after DST changed a few weeks back. But this could just be a coincidence.

I have monit running to kick if back to action but it is annoying me - and i have been unable to figure out what is going on..

I am running davis vantage pro2 iss with a metostick driver on raspberry pi.

Weewx is installed from a deb repository.

weewx.conf
log.txt

Thomas Keffer

Nov 13, 2019, 5:58:04 PM11/13/19
to weewx-user
Hello, Martin

Not exactly sure what's going on here. Could you please replace your copy of accum.py with the attached? It has been instrumented to give more information about the error.

You can find it at /usr/share/weewx/weewx/accum.py.

-tk

accum.py

Martin Nielsen

Nov 14, 2019, 2:25:53 PM11/14/19
to weewx-user
Hi Thomas.

Thank you very much. I have just uploaded the script now.

Looking in to the result tomorrow.

/Martin

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 12:01 PM Martin Nielsen <mart...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

My weewx shuts down shortly after every midnight. It began immediately after DST changed a few weeks back. But this could just be a coincidence.

I have monit running to kick if back to action but it is annoying me - and i have been unable to figure out what is going on..

I am running davis vantage pro2 iss with a metostick driver on raspberry pi.

Weewx is installed from a deb repository.

Martin Nielsen

Nov 15, 2019, 2:32:51 PM11/15/19
to weewx-user
Hi Thomas.

Log attached.

But I think something is wrong.. "import syslog" is written as output !?

[...]

Thomas Keffer

Nov 15, 2019, 3:01:40 PM11/15/19
to weewx-user
That is very odd. Let's try this again, but this time with the import at the top of the file.

-tk

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/e3972fbc-e08d-47b9-86ca-90d48a7e6861%40googlegroups.com.
accum.py

Martin Nielsen

Thomas Keffer

Nov 16, 2019, 9:13:25 AM11/16/19
to weewx-user
Still not sure what's going on, but I have my suspicions that the problem is your archive interval of 480 seconds. It's not evenly divisible into an hour.

Could you try something like 600 or 300 seconds?

As for the TypeError, I have no clue why that occurred. The patch worked fine on my machine.

-tk

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/72521972-3b67-4dee-80e9-0c4bb4b6bbdc%40googlegroups.com.

Martin Nielsen

Nov 16, 2019, 2:25:26 PM11/16/19
to weewx-user
Hi Thomas.

Had the same notion so i changed the interval back to 60 this morning. I did not try this earlier because the userguide only say something about evenly divisible with 60 - not 3600. But hopefully that will prevent it from stopping this coming midnight.  It not - i plan to wait another full day to make sure all readings within that day are with a interval of 60.

Might take a few days.

Thanks for the help so far - will get back when i know more.

/Martin

lørdag den 16. november 2019 kl. 15.13.25 UTC+1 skrev Thomas Keffer:
Still not sure what's going on, but I have my suspicions that the problem is your archive interval of 480 seconds. It's not evenly divisible into an hour.

Could you try something like 600 or 300 seconds?

As for the TypeError, I have no clue why that occurred. The patch worked fine on my machine.

-tk

Thomas Keffer

Nov 16, 2019, 7:33:38 PM11/16/19
to weewx-user
I must confess to being baffled by this one. I can't replicate it on my machine, so I'm flying blind.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/54089e97-ea3c-45f7-aded-89c5c46af56e%40googlegroups.com.

Martin Nielsen

Nov 19, 2019, 2:09:55 PM11/19/19
to weewx-user
I have now confirmed that changing the interval to a number evenly divisible with both 60 and 3600 seems to correct the problem.

Not sure why.

Thanks for the help Thomas.

søndag den 17. november 2019 kl. 01.33.38 UTC+1 skrev Thomas Keffer:
I must confess to being baffled by this one. I can't replicate it on my machine, so I'm flying blind.

Thomas Keffer

Nov 19, 2019, 2:18:27 PM11/19/19
to weewx-user
I've posted issue #469 to remind us.

-tk

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/b328e78b-ce05-417a-a1d8-1af33fd7ab56%40googlegroups.com.

Thomas Keffer

Nov 22, 2019, 12:29:18 PM11/22/19
to weewx-user
Fixed in commit 15c7cd8. Oddball archive intervals should now be honored. To appear in V4.0.

-tk