Multiple Weather Stations w/Fedora

Matt R

Jan 18, 2021, 8:11:03 PM1/18/21
to weewx-user
Hi all, wondering if anyone has been able to get multiple weather stations running using a RedHat based distro (CentOS, Fedora, etc)?

I've been able to successfully run multiple with a Debian distro leveraging Matthew Wall's weewx-multi script here:  https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki/weewx-multi.

I've been working my way through making adjustments as necessary.  However, before I get too far down the rabbit hole I thought I'd check to see if anyone has come out the other side with a working script or knows this'd be a dead end endeavor.

Thanks!

vince

Jan 18, 2021, 10:06:01 PM1/18/21
to weewx-user
On Monday, January 18, 2021 at 5:11:03 PM UTC-8 Matt R wrote:
Hi all, wondering if anyone has been able to get multiple weather stations running using a RedHat based distro (CentOS, Fedora, etc)?

I'd say "some assembly required" for RH-based distros.

The weewx-multi script that comes under util/init.d in the .tgz file is Debian-specific and wouldn't work on a RH-based system.   That said, if you diffed the weewx.debian and weewx-multi scripts there, you would see the additions made to support running multiple instances.   You'd need to do similar modifications to do a "weewx-multi.redhat" (so to speak) similarly modified init script.

Definitely doable but you'd have to do the doing part.   I'm sure Tom+Matthew would love a pull request with a working init file for RH that supports multi.