Davis Airlink Support?

bge...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2020, 8:21:22 AM9/19/20
to weewx-user
Is anyone working on support for the Davis Airlink 7210 Air Quality Monitor, that was just released?  Local network API access is detailed at https://weatherlink.github.io/airlink-local-api/ and looks trivial to interface with.

vince

Sep 19, 2020, 10:51:41 AM9/19/20
to weewx-user
API looks so close to a PurpleAir that you almost wonder if they bought the company.   The webpage is a little interesting though, as they mention things like the device needing an Internet conenction (for time) in order to function it seems.   But it looks to me like any extension that speaks PurpleAir could be tweaked to match up with the Davis API very easily.

bge...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2020, 11:32:02 AM9/19/20
to weewx-user
Yeah, it seems to want to sync to an NTP server after a power cycle.  It will however still give valid *_last data without a valid time sync, just not any _last_*_hour data.  A UPS could avoid this problem, or running a local NTP server, just in case.  I wonder how the PurpleAir deals with this situation?  Battery backed RTC?