Suggestion how to copy Weewx report from Linux to Windows server without FTP

Janez Kranjski

Oct 9, 2019, 7:48:30 AM10/9/19
to weewx-user
Now I use Linux (Raspberry PI) with Weewx installed. Generated reports are regularly copied with FTP to Windows Server (IIS).
Today our admins told me that they won't support (S)FTP anymore. At first, I thought about using a new Linux shell in Windows Server, but the server isn't the latest and it doesn't have Linux support.

Any idea of how to copy results to Windows?

Thanks.

Andrew Milner

Oct 9, 2019, 7:53:27 AM10/9/19
to weewx-user
have you asked the admins what they are supporting instead??  rsync perhaps?

vince

Oct 9, 2019, 12:00:48 PM10/9/19
to weewx-user
On Wednesday, October 9, 2019 at 4:53:27 AM UTC-7, Andrew Milner wrote:
have you asked the admins what they are supporting instead??  rsync perhaps?

Linux to Windows via rsync is probably not likely.

Agree with 'talk to the admins'.  FWIW, I do something similar via Samba copying to the target web directory.

Greg from Oz

Oct 10, 2019, 2:53:09 AM10/10/19
to weewx-user
robocopy?
Shared folder {samba} ?

Janez Kranjski

Oct 10, 2019, 5:44:17 AM10/10/19
to weewx-user
Thanks to all ... now we added a RYSNC support and I change to it.

Xant

Oct 25, 2019, 2:41:45 PM10/25/19
to weewx-user

In my case, WeeWX in RPi and NAS web server (Linux to Linux). Instead of having extra service running, checking and sending, I created a NAS share folder into RPi, and WeeWX writes direct to it. That is, WeeWX "sees" as a regular (mounted) folder in RPi, but it is in fact remote in the NAS.

Never had problems and always there.

As mentioned by Greg, I assume the same can be accomplished through Samba for Windows.