Update interval less than 300 seconds?

Richard Zimmerman

Jun 25, 2020, 8:12:12 PM6/25/20
to weewx-user
I hate to post this here as it's likely a simple question, but I've been unable to find an answer from searching.  I'm brand new to weewx having used wview for over a decade.  So I have the generic setup and a Davis Vantage Pro2.  My archive interval is 300s.  Is there a way to have certain data on the web page update more frequently than every 5 minutes?  I'm especially interested in the "Current Conditions" section as I'll frequently bring up the page after feeling a strong gust to see what the speed was, but I have to wait 5 minutes before the page updates.

I figure I could change the archive interval in the main config file, but I don't really know what changing it to something different than on the console would do.  Furthermore, the graphs don't really have to update more frequently than 5 minutes.  Just the actual raw data displays.  Is there a way to have those data update on LOOP packets rather than ARCHIVE?

John Kline

Jun 25, 2020, 8:19:42 PM6/25/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
I have an extension you could try:

I use it to update many pages on my site (https://www.paloaltoweather.com/), including current conditions at.

It’s relatively simple to install.  You specify the report to target (e.g., SeasonsReport), and it will do the proper conversions to match the report and write a file of items you pick on every loop cycle.

Cheers,
John

On Jun 25, 2020, at 5:12 PM, Richard Zimmerman <rsz...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Richard Zimmerman

Jun 25, 2020, 8:32:12 PM6/25/20
to weewx-user
Thanks John.  I see how your web site updates every couple seconds.  That's fantastic!  I'll dig into the extension

John Kline

Jun 25, 2020, 8:51:16 PM6/25/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
BTW, I have the following screen up on two tablets in my house.  It’s great for checking how fast the wind is currently blowing or how hard it’s currently raining.

On Jun 25, 2020, at 5:32 PM, Richard Zimmerman <rsz...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks John.  I see how your web site updates every couple seconds.  That's fantastic!  I'll dig into the extension

John Kline

Jun 25, 2020, 8:58:38 PM6/25/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
I should add, the gauges at https://www.paloaltoweather.com/LiveSeasonsGauges do not use my extension.  They use Gary Roderick’s:

Gary’s extension was the inspiration behind the loopdata extension.  loopdata simply lets one pick and choose the observations and target any report.

rich T

Jun 25, 2020, 9:55:04 PM6/25/20
to weewx-user

Michael Meyer

Jun 26, 2020, 6:07:49 AM6/26/20
to weewx-user
Hello, I installed your extension but the file loop-data.txt will not create. I changed weewx.conf to  loop_data_dir = /var/www/html/weewx.
Thx for any help

John Kline

Jun 26, 2020, 9:51:06 AM6/26/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

Would you send the output of (which assumes WeeWX is writing to /var/log/syslog)?
grep loopdata /var/log/syslog

Also, please cut and paste the loopdata section of weewx.conf.

Lastly, please send a directory listing of /var/www/html/weewx

Cheers,
John

Michael Meyer

Jun 26, 2020, 11:27:09 AM6/26/20
to weewx-user
Hi John,
thx for your help! grep loopdata /var/log/syslog doesn't deliver anything. With "where is" I get zero result in var/log/syslog.
loopdata.png

wee_extension.png
var-www-html-weewx.png
Cheers,
Michael

John Kline

Jun 26, 2020, 12:19:36 PM6/26/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
It appears that loopdata isn’t running.

Let’s start with the obvious.  As stated in the README:

This extension requires Python 3 and WeeWX 4.

Are you running WeeWX 4.x?  Are you running Python 3?

If are on WeeWX 4.x and Python 3, use the following guide to post the log and I’ll have a look.

Cheers,
John

On Jun 26, 2020, at 8:27 AM, Michael Meyer <mm24...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi John,
thx for your help! grep loopdata /var/log/syslog doesn't deliver anything. With "where is" I get zero result in var/log/syslog.
<loopdata.png>

<wee_extension.png>
<var-www-html-weewx.png>
Cheers,
Michael

<wee_extension.png>
<var-www-html-weewx.png>
<loopdata.png>

Michael Meyer

Jun 26, 2020, 1:40:02 PM6/26/20
to weewx-user
Weewx 4.1.1 is running I have Python 3.7 on my rpi.
Any idea why I can't post the created myfile here? I just can post pictures but no files! I can create an attachment but couldn't send?

John Kline

Jun 26, 2020, 2:28:49 PM6/26/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Not sure how to post files; but since you are running WeeWX 4 and Python 3.  Did you restart WeeWX after you installed loopdata?

It’s to imagine why you don’t see any occurrence of loopdata in the log?  Do you see other weewx messages in the log?

Michael Meyer

Jun 26, 2020, 2:48:41 PM6/26/20
to weewx-user
Yes I stopped, start and restart.
I will try to find out how to send files.
Auszug.png

John Kline

Jun 26, 2020, 2:54:25 PM6/26/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Well, I see loopdata in the log snippet you just sent.

Would you try the grep again?
grep loopdata /var/log/syslog

And look for the loopdata file again?

On Jun 26, 2020, at 11:48 AM, Michael Meyer <mm24...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes I stopped, start and restart.
I will try to find out how to send files.

Michael Meyer

Jun 27, 2020, 3:16:25 PM6/27/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Hello John, I did grep and get some results. Next time I used grep again no results. I uninstalled weewx because I did the first installation with Debian. I did installation weewx with setup py. Again no loop_data.txt created. I will do a fresh Buster light image next. After that I will do also a complete new weewx installation. I will let you know if successfully. Thx for your help!
Michael

John Kline

Jun 27, 2020, 3:18:06 PM6/27/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
I just now updated this extension to 1.1.  I would try it before resorting to a clean install.

Michael Meyer

Jun 28, 2020, 3:26:34 AM6/28/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Just installed 1.2.1! Get loop-data.txt! Thx for your help!

Geni 0815

Jun 30, 2020, 3:47:44 AM6/30/20
to weewx-user
@John: I have the following entry in the syslog, what is not suitable?

Jun 30 09:24:21 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10361] INFO user.loopdata: barometer_rate_secs: 10800
Jun 30 09:24:21 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10361] INFO user.loopdata: wind_rose_secs     : 86400
Jun 30 09:24:21 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10361] INFO user.loopdata: wind_rose_points   : 16
Jun 30 09:24:21 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10361] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****  Traceback (most recent call last):
Jun 30 09:24:21 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10361] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/user/loopdata.py", line 521, in process_queue
Jun 30 09:24:21 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10361] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****      self.compose_and_write_packet(pkt)
Jun 30 09:24:21 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10361] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/user/loopdata.py", line 541, in compose_and_write_packet
Jun 30 09:24:21 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10361] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****      self.write_packet(selective_pkt)
Jun 30 09:24:21 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10361] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/user/loopdata.py", line 555, in write_packet
Jun 30 09:24:21 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10361] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****      self.rsync_data(pkt['dateTime'])
Jun 30 09:24:21 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10361] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/user/loopdata.py", line 645, in rsync_data
Jun 30 09:24:21 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10361] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****      rsync_upload.run()
Jun 30 09:24:21 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10361] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/weeutil/rsyncupload.py", line 72, in run
Jun 30 09:24:21 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10361] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****      if self.port is not None and len(self.port.strip()) > 0:
Jun 30 09:24:21 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10361] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****  AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'strip'

belch09.jpg

Geni 0815

Jun 30, 2020, 3:56:03 AM6/30/20
to weewx-user
Jun 30 09:53:09 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10609] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****  Traceback (most recent call last):
Jun 30 09:53:09 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10609] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/user/loopdata.py", line 507, in process_queue
Jun 30 09:53:09 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10609] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****      self.convert_units(pkt, obstype)
Jun 30 09:53:09 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10609] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/user/loopdata.py", line 735, in convert_units
Jun 30 09:53:09 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10609] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****      self.convert_hi_lo_sum_units(pkt, obstype, unit_type, unit_group)
Jun 30 09:53:09 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10609] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/user/loopdata.py", line 677, in convert_hi_lo_sum_units
Jun 30 09:53:09 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10609] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****      pkt['FMT_SUM_%s' % obstype] = self.cfg.formatter.toString((sum, unit_type, unit_group))
Jun 30 09:53:09 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10609] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/units.py", line 758, in toString
Jun 30 09:53:09 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10609] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****      time.localtime(val_t[0]))
Jun 30 09:53:09 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10609] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****  OverflowError: timestamp out of range for platform time_t

Geni 0815

Jun 30, 2020, 4:32:50 AM6/30/20
to weewx-user
Jun 30 10:27:05 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10952] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****  Traceback (most recent call last):
Jun 30 10:27:05 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10952] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/user/loopdata.py", line 521, in process_queue
Jun 30 10:27:05 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10952] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****      self.compose_and_write_packet(pkt)
Jun 30 10:27:05 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10952] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/user/loopdata.py", line 541, in compose_and_write_packet
Jun 30 10:27:05 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10952] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****      self.write_packet(selective_pkt)
Jun 30 10:27:05 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10952] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/user/loopdata.py", line 555, in write_packet
Jun 30 10:27:05 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10952] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****      self.rsync_data(pkt['dateTime'])
Jun 30 10:27:05 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10952] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/user/loopdata.py", line 645, in rsync_data
Jun 30 10:27:05 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10952] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****      rsync_upload.run()
Jun 30 10:27:05 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10952] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/weeutil/rsyncupload.py", line 72, in run
Jun 30 10:27:05 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10952] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****      if self.port is not None and len(self.port.strip()) > 0:
Jun 30 10:27:05 Wetter-Raspi weewx[10952] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****  AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'strip'

John Kline

Jun 30, 2020, 10:01:30 AM6/30/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
weeutil.RsyncUpload was expecting a string for port.  I was passing it an int.

I didn’t catch this as I was not specifying a port.  This should now be fixed in 1.3.1.  Would you please give it a try?

Geni 0815

Jul 1, 2020, 1:03:12 PM7/1/20
to weewx-user

@John: This is the error message, where do I have to search?

reported errors: [sender] io timeout after 1 seconds -- exiting. rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(204) [sender=3.1.3]

complete line:
Jul  1 18:47:12 Wetter-Raspi weewx[22015] ERROR weeutil.rsyncupload: [['rsync', '--archive', '--stats', '--timeout=1', '-e ssh -p 2022 -o ConnectTimeout=1', '/home/pi/NAS/www/loop-data/loop-data.txt', 'xxx...@192.999.999.9:/xxx/yyyy/loop-data/loop-data.txt']] reported errors: [sender] io timeout after 1 seconds -- exiting. rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(204) [sender=3.1.3]

John Kline

Jul 1, 2020, 1:20:08 PM7/1/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
It is normal to have some timeouts as the timeout is set to 1s.

For example, today so far I’ve had 5 connection timeouts on loop-data.  I’ve also had 3 gauge-data timeouts (I contributed the rsync code for rtgd).

   rsync: gauge-data: connection timeouts             3
   rsync: loop-data: connection timeouts                5

How many of these error messages are you seeing?

John

John Kline

Jul 1, 2020, 1:51:05 PM7/1/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
I added this section to the README:

Rsync "errors" in the log:

If one is using rsync, especially if the loop interval is short (e.g., 2s), it is expected that

there will be log entries for connection timeouts, data timeouts and skipped packets.

By default only one second is allowed to connect or transmit the data. Also, by default,

if the loop data is older than 3s, it is skipped. With these settings, the remote server

may miss receiving some loop-data packets, but it won't get caught behind trying to

send a backlog of old loop data.

Following are examples of a connection timeout, a data transmission timeout and a

skipped packet. These errors are fine in moderation. If too many packets are timing out,

one might try changing the connection timeout or timeout values (depending on whether

the timeouts are in the connection or the transmission).

Jul  1 04:12:03 charlemagne weewx[1126] ERROR weeutil.rsyncupload: [['rsync', '--archive', '--stats', '--timeout=1', '-e ssh -o ConnectTimeout=1', '/home/weewx/gauge-data/loop-data.txt', 'ro...@www.paloaltoweather.com:/home/weewx/gauge-data/loop-data.txt']] reported errors: ssh: connect to host www.paloaltoweather.com port 22: Connection timed out. rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]. rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(235) [sender=3.1.3]
Jun 30 20:51:48 charlemagne weewx[1126] ERROR weeutil.rsyncupload: [['rsync', '--archive', '--stats', '--timeout=1', '-e ssh -o ConnectTimeout=1', '/home/weewx/gauge-data/loop-data.txt', 'ro...@www.paloaltoweather.com:/home/weewx/gauge-data/loop-data.txt']] reported errors: [sender] io timeout after 1 seconds -- exiting. rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(204) [sender=3.1.3]
Jun 21 19:16:23 charlemagne weewx[8170] INFO user.rtgd: rsync_data: skipping packet (2020-06

Geni 0815

Jul 2, 2020, 12:45:08 PM7/2/20
to weewx-user
At the moment I have the following errors
Since no loop-data.txt is generated, rsync is diabled

Jul  2 17:55:23 Wetter-Raspi weewx[947] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****  Traceback (most recent call last):
Jul  2 17:55:23 Wetter-Raspi weewx[947] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/user/loopdata.py", line 515, in process_queue
Jul  2 17:55:23 Wetter-Raspi weewx[947] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****      self.convert_units(pkt, obstype)
Jul  2 17:55:23 Wetter-Raspi weewx[947] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/user/loopdata.py", line 757, in convert_units
Jul  2 17:55:23 Wetter-Raspi weewx[947] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****      self.convert_hi_lo_etc_units(pkt, obstype, unit_type, unit_group)
Jul  2 17:55:23 Wetter-Raspi weewx[947] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/user/loopdata.py", line 685, in convert_hi_lo_etc_units
Jul  2 17:55:23 Wetter-Raspi weewx[947] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****      pkt['FMT_SUM_%s' % obstype] = self.cfg.formatter.toString((sum, unit_type, unit_group))
Jul  2 17:55:23 Wetter-Raspi weewx[947] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/units.py", line 758, in toString
Jul  2 17:55:23 Wetter-Raspi weewx[947] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****      time.localtime(val_t[0]))
Jul  2 17:55:23 Wetter-Raspi weewx[947] CRITICAL user.loopdata:     ****  OverflowError: timestamp out of range for platform time_t

pi@Wetter-Raspi:~/wetter/loop-data $ ^C
pi@Wetter-Raspi:~/wetter/loop-data $ sudo wee_extension --list
Extension Name    Version   Description
weatherboard      1.0       WeatherBoard skin.
Belchertown       1.1       A clean modern skin with real time streaming updates and interactive charts. Modeled after BelchertownWeather.com
loopdata          1.3.1     Loop statistics for real time reporting.

John Kline

Jul 2, 2020, 1:21:21 PM7/2/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
It’s formatting a sum for a unix_epoch type.  Sum doesn’t make sense for this type; but the observation,
which I unfortunately don’t log, seems to have a scalar accumulator.

This doesn’t seem right to me.  I could skip summing, etc. for this type; but this is strange.

I’ll put out an update today that works around this, and logs it, please get back to me with the actual
observation you see in the log with hew new version.

John Kline

Jul 2, 2020, 1:44:28 PM7/2/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
OK, I pushed 1.3.2.  It will catch and skip the FMT_SUM_<obs> when something goes wrong.
It will also log the incident and include the obstype, the unit_type and the unit_group.  I am VERY
interested in seeing this information.  Please send it.

Cheers,
John

John Kline

Jul 2, 2020, 2:22:56 PM7/2/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
On second thought, I can think of reasons to have times in the packet.  So, I take back
being very interested in the log info from version 1.3.2.

I’ll push a 1.3.3 shortly that skips formatting the sum of unix_epoch observations.

John Kline

Jul 2, 2020, 2:33:09 PM7/2/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
1.3.3 is pushed.  I won’t try to format the sums of unix_epoch observation types.

Please let me know how this works for you.

Cheers,
John

Geni 0815

Jul 3, 2020, 1:27:12 AM7/3/20
to weewx-user
Errors are no longer logged
The translation doesn't work anymore:
[[Rename]]
kph = kmh
Rain amount is not in the loop-data.txt

Is it possible to get the appTemp displayed?

John Kline

Jul 3, 2020, 1:51:27 AM7/3/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com

On Jul 2, 2020, at 10:28 PM, Geni 0815 <geni08...@gmail.com> wrote:

Errors are no longer logged
That’s good.

The translation doesn't work anymore:
[[Rename]]
kph = kmh
The README says:
  • Rename : Used to specify which fields to include and which names should be used as keys (i.e., what these fields should be renamed. If neither Rename nor fields is specified, all fields are included.
Perhaps I need to explain it better.  Rename is used to change the name of the keys in the json (loop-data.txt) file.  It would be used if you have existing JavaScript expecting a different key for an observation.

The good news is that all formatting, conversion, labels, etc. is controlled by the skin you have targeted.  Just change the unit_label for in the skin and the loop-data.txt file will automagically reflect your change.

Rain amount is not in the loop-data.txt
WeatherBoard is using day_rain_total, which is in the loop packet for my weather station, but not yours.  It’s likely you have a rain observation in the loop packet — simply called rain.  SUM_rain would yield the same thing as day_rain_total.  So, to fix this issue, edit WeatherBoard’s index.html.tmpl and realtime_updater.inc files and change FMT_day_rain_total to FMT_SUM_rain and you should be good to go.  I will update WeatherBoard with this change shortly.

Cheers,
John

John Kline

Jul 3, 2020, 1:59:09 AM7/3/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
One more place to change.
Change the LoopData>Include section in weewx.conf.  That should include FMT_SUM_rain rather than FMT_day_rain_total.

In addition to changing WeatherBoard, I’ll change the doc in LoopData as day_rain_total is likely to be a source of confusion for many.

John Kline

Jul 3, 2020, 2:32:56 AM7/3/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
OK, I’ve pushed new versions of loopdata and weatherboard to user FMT_SUM_rain rather than FMT_rain_day_total.

You asked if appTemp could be displayed.  Yes, it can be included in loop-data.txt by adding appTemp (or FMT_appTemp) to the Include section of LoopData in weewx.conf.

Perhaps you are asking if I can add it to WeatherBoard.  I see you’ve copied it to translate the index.  Just change FMT_dewPoint to FMT_appTemp in index.html and realtime_updater.txt.  Someday, I hope to allow for a great deal of customization in the browser for the WeatherBoard skin; but I don’t see that happening anytime soon.

Geni 0815

Jul 3, 2020, 6:55:00 AM7/3/20
to weewx-user
No errors in the syslog
appTemp works in loop-data.txt and in the display of weatherboard
all wind displays are not displayed correctly and there is no refresh
In the loop-date.txt there is always "FMT_SUM_rain": "0.1 mm", but the display is 0.6mm

Geni 0815

Jul 3, 2020, 6:56:42 AM7/3/20
to weewx-user
Extension Name    Version   Description
weatherboard      1.1       WeatherBoard skin.
Belchertown       1.2b6     A clean modern skin with real time streaming updates and interactive charts. Modeled after BelchertownWeather.com
loopdata          1.3.4     Loop statistics for real time reporting.

John Kline

Jul 3, 2020, 7:21:48 AM7/3/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Your JavaScript has an error. Nothing is updated after it hits that error.  Since the 10m and day high wind is only updated in the JavaScript, they are blank.

Please send the LoopData section of WeeWX.conf and the index.html.tmpl and realtime_updater.inc files.

Geni 0815

Jul 3, 2020, 7:29:40 AM7/3/20
to weewx-user
The values "FMT_windSpeed": "0.0 kph", "FMT_HI_windGust": "14.5 kph", "FMT_10mMaxGust": "4.8 kph", have the label kph directly with them, this could be the problem

# Options for extension 'loopdata'
[LoopData]
    [[FileSpec]]
        loop_data_dir = /home/pi/wetter/loop-data
        filename = loop-data.txt
    [[Formatting]]
        target_report = WeatherBoardReport
    [[RsyncSpec]]
        enable = false
        remote_server = 192.168
        remote_port = 2022
        remote_user =
        remote_dir = /web/wetter/loop-data
        compress = false
        log_success = false
        ssh_options = -o ConnectTimeout=1
        timeout = 1
        skip_if_older_than = 3
    [[Include]]
        fields = dateTime, windSpeed, COMPASS_windDir, DESC_barometerRate, FMT_barometer, FMT_SUM_rain, FMT_dewpoint, FMT_heatindex, FMT_outHumidity, FMT_outTemp, FMT_rain, FMT_rainRate, FMT_windchill, FMT_windSpeed, FMT_HI_windGust, FMT_10mMaxGust, appTemp
    [[Rename]]
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to weewx...@googlegroups.com.
realtime_updater.inc

Geni 0815

Jul 3, 2020, 7:31:49 AM7/3/20
to weewx-user
loop-data.txt

Geni 0815

Jul 3, 2020, 7:41:01 AM7/3/20
to weewx-user
index.html.tmpl

John Kline

Jul 3, 2020, 9:44:29 AM7/3/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
You didn’t quite get the change to appTemp correct.  The JavaScript was trying to get a document element by the name of FMT_dewpoint, but that element no longer exists in index.html.

Make the following changes and let me know how it goes.

In index.html.tmpl:
Change:
to:

In weewx.conf>LoopData>Include>fields:
Change:
appTemp
to:
FMT_appTemp

In realtime_updater.inc:
Change:
         // dew point
          var dew = result["FMT_dewpoint"];
          if (dew.length == 5) {
            dew = "&nbsp;&nbsp;" + dew;
          } else if (dew.length == 6) {
            dew = "&nbsp;" + dew;
          }
          document.getElementById("FMT_dewpoint").innerHTML = dew;
to:
         // apparent temp
          var appTemp = result["FMT_appTemp"];
          if (appTemp.length == 5) {
            appTemp = "&nbsp;&nbsp;" + appTemp;
          } else if (appTemp.length == 6) {
            appTemp = "&nbsp;" + appTemp;
          }
          document.getElementById("FMT_appTemp").innerHTML = appTemp;

On Jul 3, 2020, at 4:41 AM, Geni 0815 <geni08...@gmail.com> wrote:

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/62684dcf-e357-4d20-834b-24e4d94b140ao%40googlegroups.com.
<index.html.tmpl>

Geni 0815

Jul 3, 2020, 12:27:03 PM7/3/20
to weewx-user
All fields are displayed again, we have absolute calm at the moment so I can not see how it works.
The error kph is desired km / h
Rain display is wrong where the 0.1mm would come from correctly 0.6mm

John Kline

Jul 3, 2020, 12:47:16 PM7/3/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com

On Jul 3, 2020, at 9:27 AM, Geni 0815 <geni08...@gmail.com> wrote:

All fields are displayed again, we have absolute calm at the moment so I can not see how it works.
The error kph is desired km / h
You can ask others how to change a label on a report.  Once you do that, LoopData will use it.

Rain display is wrong where the 0.1mm would come from correctly 0.6mm
Indeed, when i curl your page, I see the .6 being generated at reporting time and I can look at your loop-data.txt and see 0.1.  I am actually copying the day summary accumulators, so this is perplexing.  I will investigate this.  I have not run into it since I have been using day_rain_total, which isn’t available in your driver.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/da116212-bf75-46a5-ae25-ea286970f9e3o%40googlegroups.com.

Geni 0815

Jul 3, 2020, 1:02:44 PM7/3/20
to weewx-user
Except in LoopDate, windspeed is displayed correctly at "km / h" everywhere. In all graphics and reports.

Geni 0815

Jul 3, 2020, 1:10:10 PM7/3/20
to weewx-user

John Kline

Jul 3, 2020, 2:14:59 PM7/3/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
I’ve duplicated the daily rainfall discrepancy.

I am asking WeeWX for the day summary and initializing my day accumulators with the day summary.
    day_summary = dbm._get_day_summary(time.time())

But the day summary accumulator for rain is reporting 1/10 of the actual rain.  Before I can fix this, I need to take the time to understand why I am seeing what I am seeing in WeeWX’s day summary.

On Jul 3, 2020, at 10:10 AM, Geni 0815 <geni08...@gmail.com> wrote:

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/dab37905-dfb6-4e5e-b90c-72e4aa9e97bbo%40googlegroups.com.

John Kline

Jul 3, 2020, 3:28:40 PM7/3/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
I found the problem.  The database is storing rain as cm and, as you might expect, the day accumulators were correct.  I however, when I copied the accumulators at startup, was treating them as if they were in the report target units (in this case mm).

I’ll push a fix today.

John Kline

Jul 3, 2020, 5:17:17 PM7/3/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
OK, ignore my last email.  The accumulators were correct and conversions of observations were being done correctly.  But not highs, lows, sums, ...

This is fixed in loopdata 1.3.5.  Please pull it, install it and restart weewx.  It should all work with this change.

It’s fortunate (for me) that WeeWX stores rain in cm and defaults to reporting it in mm.  Because of that, FMT_SUM_rain revealed the issue (in Metric) and that let me fix it.

Thank you for reporting this.
John

John Kline

Jul 3, 2020, 6:50:00 PM7/3/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
OK, as far as changing to km/h.  It’s done the same way you would change a label
for any report in WeeWX.  In this case, just add the last two lines below to WeatherBoardReport in weewx.conf.  This is assuming the target_report
LoopData section is WeatherBoardReport (which it should be).

    [[WeatherBoardReport]]
        HTML_ROOT = public_html/weatherboard
        enable = true
        .
        .
        .
        [[[Units]]]
            [[[[StringFormats]]]]
                mile_per_hour = %.1f
                degree_C = %.1f
                km_per_hour = %.1f
                degree_F = %.1f
            [[[[Labels]]]
                km_per_hour = km/h

This change looks weird to me because there is a slash separating the two wind numbers:
3.5 km/h/ 7.7 km/h

You might want to change line 83 to:

That will look better:
3.5 km/h - 7.7 km/h

John Kline

Jul 3, 2020, 7:05:31 PM7/3/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Actually, you need a space before the km/h.

So add:

            [[[[Labels]]]]
                km_per_hour = " km/h"

This will result in:
  3.5 / 7.7 km/h

You can ignore the change to index.html line 83.

Geni 0815

Jul 4, 2020, 1:10:27 AM7/4/20
to weewx-user
After installing 1.3.5, sudo extension --list reports errors and weewx no longer works

pi@Wetter-Raspi:~/NAS/weewx-loopdata $ sudo wee_extension --list

Extension Name    Version   Description
weatherboard      1.1       WeatherBoard skin.
Belchertown       1.2b6     A clean modern skin with real time streaming updates and interactive charts. Modeled after BelchertownWeather.com
loopdata          1.3.4     Loop statistics for real time reporting.
pi@Wetter-Raspi:~/NAS/weewx-loopdata $ sudo wee_extension --install weewx-loopdata-master.zip
Request to install 'weewx-loopdata-master.zip'
Extracting from zip archive weewx-loopdata-master.zip
Saving installer file to /usr/share/weewx/user/installer/loopdata
Saved configuration dictionary. Backup copy at /etc/weewx/weewx.conf.20200704064717
Finished installing extension 'weewx-loopdata-master.zip'
pi@Wetter-Raspi:~/NAS/weewx-loopdata $ sudo nano /etc/weewx/weewx.conf
pi@Wetter-Raspi:~/NAS/weewx-loopdata $ sudo /etc/init.d/weewx restart
[ ok ] Restarting weewx (via systemctl): weewx.service.
pi@Wetter-Raspi:~/NAS/weewx-loopdata $ sudo wee_extension --list

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/weewx/wee_extension", line 88, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/share/weewx/wee_extension", line 67, in main
    config_path, config_dict = weecfg.read_config(options.config, _args)
  File "/usr/share/weewx/weecfg/__init__.py", line 179, in read_config
    default_encoding='utf-8')
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/configobj.py", line 1229, in __init__
    self._load(infile, configspec)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/configobj.py", line 1318, in _load
    raise error
configobj.ConfigObjError: Parsing failed with several errors.
First error at line 532.
pi@Wetter-Raspi:~/NAS/weewx-loopdata $

Geni 0815

Jul 4, 2020, 1:18:33 AM7/4/20
to weewx-user
weewx debug = 1
does not issue errors

Geni 0815

Jul 4, 2020, 1:41:18 AM7/4/20
to weewx-user
How can I stop loop data?

John Kline

Jul 4, 2020, 8:35:37 AM7/4/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
wee_extension --uninstall loopdata
will remove loopdata.  You’ll need to restart weewx

On Jul 3, 2020, at 10:41 PM, Geni 0815 <geni08...@gmail.com> wrote:

How can I stop loop data?

Geni 0815

Jul 4, 2020, 11:47:50 AM7/4/20
to weewx-user
doesn’t work either, I don’t want to run weewx anymore!

pi@Wetter-Raspi:~ $ wee_extension --uninstall loopdata

Am Samstag, 4. Juli 2020 14:35:37 UTC+2 schrieb John Kline:
wee_extension --uninstall loopdata
will remove loopdata.  You’ll need to restart weewx

On Jul 3, 2020, at 10:41 PM, Geni 0815 <geni08...@gmail.com> wrote:

How can I stop loop data?

Geni 0815

Jul 4, 2020, 11:53:30 AM7/4/20
to weewx-user
even a simple wee_extension --list has not worked since loopdata 1.3.5 was installed

pi@Wetter-Raspi:~ $ wee_extension --list

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/weewx/wee_extension", line 88, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/share/weewx/wee_extension", line 67, in main
    config_path, config_dict = weecfg.read_config(options.config, _args)
  File "/usr/share/weewx/weecfg/__init__.py", line 179, in read_config
    default_encoding='utf-8')
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/configobj.py", line 1229, in __init__
    self._load(infile, configspec)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/configobj.py", line 1318, in _load
    raise error
configobj.ConfigObjError: Parsing failed with several errors.
First error at line 532.

How can I get my weewx up and running again?

Am Samstag, 4. Juli 2020 14:35:37 UTC+2 schrieb John Kline:
wee_extension --uninstall loopdata
will remove loopdata.  You’ll need to restart weewx

On Jul 3, 2020, at 10:41 PM, Geni 0815 <geni08...@gmail.com> wrote:

How can I stop loop data?

John Kline

Jul 4, 2020, 12:33:23 PM7/4/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
I don’t know what issue you are having.  It doesn’t seem like to could be caused by this extension, but it is best to eliminate that possibility right away.

Let’s manually remove loopdata and weatherboard.  Substitute weewx’s home directory for <weewx-home-dir> In these instructions.

1. sudo rm <weewx-home-dir>/bin/user/loopdata.py
2. sudo rm -rf <weewx-home-dir>/skins/WeatherBoard
3. With your favorite editor:
      Remove user.loopdata.LoopData from the report_services line.
       Remove the [LoopData] section in its entirety.
       Remove the [[WeatherBoard]] report section in its entirety.
4. Restart weewx.

On Jul 4, 2020, at 8:53 AM, Geni 0815 <geni08...@gmail.com> wrote:

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/c8f18743-9b50-4547-b275-383b9491b218o%40googlegroups.com.

gjr80

Jul 4, 2020, 5:11:30 PM7/4/20
to weewx-user
I think the error trace says it all:

configobj.ConfigObjError: Parsing failed with several errors.
First error at line 532.

Someone or something has introduced an error in your weewx.conf, line 532 would be a good place to look. The error trace says there are multiple errors, so expect to find others. I suggest that if you cannot identify the error yourself you post a copy of weewx.conf making sure you obliterate any user names, passwords, api keys or other sensitive info in the file first.

Gary

As the config file is used by WeeWX and most of the utilities this is likely why you cannot run WeeWX and the utilities.