Historic Image Generator Time Periods

Copain

Aug 15, 2019, 8:48:41 AM8/15/19
to weewx-user
Standard 4 image generator time periods are day, week, month and year.

Does weewx offer functionality to generate graphs e.g. for yesterday, last year or a specific historic month / year
OR is it depending on the skin which would have to offer such feature?

Basically, I am looking for an 'optional_ago' tag for graphs.

Is there any experience / solution with historic graphs additional to the 4 standard ones in bootstrap skin?

Many thanks for your comments.

Andrew Milner

Aug 15, 2019, 9:18:05 AM8/15/19
to weewx-user
If you incorporate mesowx
you can select 'all' and then move the start and end sliders at the bottom of the graph to display any range you want

John Smith

Aug 15, 2019, 9:58:32 AM8/15/19
to weewx-user

On Thursday, 15 August 2019 22:48:41 UTC+10, Copain wrote:
Does weewx offer functionality to generate graphs e.g. for yesterday, last year or a specific historic month / year
OR is it depending on the skin which would have to offer such feature?

No, I submitted a patch but it was rejected because it didn't generate for all days, months, years.

Basically, I am looking for an 'optional_ago' tag for graphs.

Is there any experience / solution with historic graphs additional to the 4 standard ones in bootstrap skin?

Pat

Aug 15, 2019, 7:46:03 PM8/15/19
to weewx-user
Shameless plug for my website running the Belchertown skin. It can chart any timespan you want with some specific ones built in. There's a small learning curve to the graphs.conf but it comes with 4 standard graphs, documentation and there's quite a few users on this forum who can help if you get stuck.

For example, to chart yesterday you would use:

    time_length = days_ago
    time_ago
= 1

Last month would be

    time_length = months_ago
    time_ago
= 1

A specific special day would be

    time_length = day_specific
    month_specific
= 10
    day_specific
= 31
    year_specific
= 2017

A specific special month would be

    time_length = month_specific
    month_specific
= 10
    year_specific
= 2017

and much more. The Belchertown Charts wiki has a lot of information, and users are often finding more capabilities

Another key feature of Belchertown is the live updates with MQTT Websockets - but that's optional and not required to run the skin or the graphs.

rich T

Aug 15, 2019, 9:51:45 PM8/15/19
to weewx-user

As Pat was saying, you can chart any timespan.  This chart is from Aug 2014 through today, in which you can zoom all the way down to hour within a day

Temp all time graph.png