filling hole in chart

Hyrules Hyrules

Oct 12, 2019, 11:41:33 AM10/12/19
to weewx-user
Last tuesday there was a power outage at my house and ever since there is a hole in the charts of the Season skin.Whily there was the outage the program was obviously not running but weewx did catuch up the data for that time when power came back. What is the best way to regenerate the charts ?
I tried wee_reports with the config file and time stamp but it does not help. Is it possible at all ?

thanks.

Thomas Keffer

Oct 12, 2019, 2:13:07 PM10/12/19
to weewx-user
Assuming the data is in the database (not a safe assumption), just delete the charts. They will get regenerated at the next reporting cycle.

If they still have holes, then there must be data missing in the database. You can search for the holes with commands something like:

sqlite3 /var/lib/weewx/weewx.sdb   # Adjust path as necessar
sqlite> select datetime(dateTime,'unixepoch','localtime'), outTemp from archive where date(dateTime, 'unixepoch','localtime') between '2019-10-10' and '2019-10-12';

This would print the date and outside temperature for records on the dates 2019-10-10 through 2019-10-12. Adjust as necessary.

-tk

Hyrules Hyrules

Oct 12, 2019, 2:14:50 PM10/12/19
to weewx-user
Thanks I'll try that. I`ve taken a few timestamps of that period and the data seems to be present.

Hyrules Hyrules

Oct 12, 2019, 2:20:55 PM10/12/19
to weewx-user
hmmm after a second check there is indeed a hole in the data... does Weewx has some kind of catchup function to fetch data from that period in the logger ?

Thomas Keffer

Oct 12, 2019, 2:41:07 PM10/12/19
to weewx-user
It does, but it will only fill in from the last timestamp of the database. It happens automatically on startup.

If you have a Davs Vantage station, you can try the wee_device utility with the --dump option. Note: this will dump everything in the logger, so it will take a bit of time, and it will result in lots of "duplicate primary key" errors. You can ignore these.

wee_device --dump

-tk

On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 11:20 AM Hyrules Hyrules <hyr...@gmail.com> wrote:
hmmm after a second check there is indeed a hole in the data... does Weewx has some kind of catchup function to fetch data from that period in the logger ?

Hyrules Hyrules

Oct 13, 2019, 2:22:56 PM10/13/19
to weewx-user
Noted thanks.