Problem with display after some updates

97 wyświetleń

Sean Garland

nieprzeczytany,
18 maj 2019, 16:20:4718.05.2019
do weewx-user
Hello group!

I upgraded my Weewx to the latest, and then updated Weewx-WD to 1.0.3 (then had to update to 1.0.4 because of outTemp issue).  During this transition everything switched to metric.  In the process of "fixing" the metric issue, I now am having an issue with the date displaying correctly, and the "todays high temp" is all screwy.

I've probably messed with too much junk, but currently have my WDdateMDY set to True, and have the weewx.conf WD sections set to -m/-d/Y...  AND have also set the Testags and clientraw skin.conf to be -m/-d/Y in each location.  It still seems like nothing is changing no matter what I set any of that stuff to.  Not sure what I've done or am doing wrong at this point.

I also don't understand the correlation of the weewx.conf, and the skin.conf at this point.  It seems like we're setting the same thing in many places and maybe I've messed it up from there?  Just not sure at this point as I've been banging my head on it for a while, and really it's been a couple years since I built the system, so I can't remember all the spots that changes need to be made.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

p q

nieprzeczytany,
18 maj 2019, 16:36:0218.05.2019
do weewx...@googlegroups.com
Snowing up there today?

What do you have in the template for the date and for the today's high temp?

When you update the skin you don't have to restart, but if you change weewx.conf you need to restart for it to take effect.

Peter Quinn
(415)794-2264

Sean Garland

nieprzeczytany,
18 maj 2019, 17:02:4218.05.2019
do weewx-user
Good afternoon Peter...  No snow, but it's windy... ;)

Which values are you looking for?  In the skin.conf for both the Testtags and Clientraw I have the following for the TimeFormats section:
date_f         = %-m/%-d/%Y
date_time_f    = %-m/%-d/%Y %H:%M

And I just corrected a typo I had in weewx.conf, but here is the similar section:
[[[Units]]]
            [[[[TimeFormats]]]]
                date_time_f = %m/%d/%Y %H:%M
                date_f = %m/%d/%Y

The data in the testtags.php looks correct.  I just don't know where i messed it up.  I also don't have any 212 degree anything in the data files, only in the display because something somewhere else is off.

Thanks!
Sean

On Sat, May 18, 2019 at 1:20 PM Sean Garland <itsup...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

18 maj 2019, 17:04:1918.05.2019
do weewx-user
Also it appears if my wind gust isn't working right since the gust is lower than the wind....

Sean

p q

nieprzeczytany,
18 maj 2019, 17:35:0818.05.2019
do weewx...@googlegroups.com
The date thing is weird, Weewx uses unix epochs as the base unit, which is the number of seconds since 1/1/1970. I don't know how you're getting 1049 as I was seeing an hour ago or 1899 as it's showing now. It shouldn't be possible to get a date before 1970.

I bet for the temp, you're double converting C to F. It's a guess.

Sorry, I'm not much help.

On Sat, May 18, 2019 at 2:04 PM Sean Garland <itsup...@gmail.com> wrote:
Also it appears if my wind gust isn't working right since the gust is lower than the wind....

Sean

Peter Quinn
(415)794-2264

gjr80

nieprzeczytany,
19 maj 2019, 01:57:1619.05.2019
do weewx-user
Sean,

troubleshooting WeeWX, WeeWX-WD and the Saratoga templates can be complex but straight forward if you logically follow the flow of data through from WeeWX to the Saratoga templates. You use the Alternate dashboard which is fine, but it does add one more layer. It also helps to have a basic understanding of what WeeWX-WD outputs are used by the Saratoga templates and how they are used.

Briefly, there are two key files produced by WeeWX/WeeWX-WD that are used by Saratoga; testtags.php and clientraw.txt. testtags.php provides the data that is displayed by the dashboard when you first load the dashboard or refresh the page. The units used in testtags.php are set by the user via the testtags skin.conf or preferably through weewx.conf. The Saratoga templates must be configured to accept data in these units. There are separate config options in the Saratoga template config files to determine the actual units displayed. A similar arrangement is in place for date-time formats. clientraw.txt is used to provide dynamic updates of the Saratoga dashboard (unfortunately the WeeWX-WD generated clientraw.txt is generated each report cycle so it is not too dynamic). clientraw.txt uses fixed units (largely) metric units and fixed date-time formats. The clientraw.txt units/formats are set in skin.conf and as these are fixed they should not be changed.

If you have issues with wrong units, date-time formats etc on the Saratoga dashboard you can often make a fairly good guess where the issue is by doing a screen refresh and carefully observing the incorrect data. Upon refresh the Saratoga templates load data from testtags.php then the dynamic updates kick in using data from clientraw.txt. If you have a field that is displaying say a nonsense date, you will often see the correct (or incorrect) date be displayed initially then it quickly changes to the incorrect (or correct) date. This is the testtags.php data being displayed then the dynamic update updating the display to show the clientraw.txt data. If the first lot of data is wrong you look at testtags.php, if the second you look at clientraw.txt.

In your case when I look at your dashboard I see the 'Updated:' date is obviously wrong, but on a page refresh I see the correct date briefly display then the incorrect date. This leads me to look at clientraw.txt. If I look at your clientraw.txt I see a number of '   N/A' entries. clientraw.txt is a (single) space delimited file, there is no properly defined format for clientraw.txt that I am aware of (there are list of fields but not what I would call a proper specification). When writing WeeWX-WD we found that fields for which we had no data were best handled in the clientraw files by using '---' or '--', the default WeeWX '   N/A' usually caused parsing problems. Hold that thought.

One of the changes introduced in WeeWX v3.9.0 was a new way of handling defaults. You can read about this in the Upgrade Guide and Customization Guide, but to cut a long story short the [StdReport] [[Defaults]] section will now override corresponding skin.conf settings so the behaviour of some skins will change when upgrading to 3.9.x.

Back to '   N/A', I suspect what is happening is that your upgrade to 3.9.1 has seen the [StdReport] [[Defaults]] kick in and override the default None value used in the clientraw skin. This has resulted in the '   N/A' in clientraw.txt which upsets the parsing of clientraw.txt by Saratoga/Alternate dashboard.

When I look at your 'High Today' and 'Low Today' I see similar behaviour on a refresh, so again likely the incorrect parsing of clientraw.txt is causing some nonsense data to be displayed (given 212F=100C I would say a 100 is being converted to F and displayed). Not sure about your wind gust issue, quite possibly related. There may be other similar problems but I have not noticed them, though looking at your Saratoga page I suspect you have Saratoga/Alternate dashboard configured correctly.

Anyway, I suggest we fix the clientraw.txt issue and then see how things are. Since [StdReport] [[Defaults]] overrides skin.conf any change needs to occur in [StdReport] [[Defaults]] or [StdReport] [[wdClientrawReport]], since [StdReport] [[Defaults]] will affect all skins we really need to make the change to [StdReport] [[wdClientrawReport]]. In weewx.conf try this change:

[StdReport]

[[wdClientrawReport]]
        HTML_ROOT
= WD
        skin
= Clientraw
        [[[Units]]]

[[[[StringFormats]]]]
                NONE
= --

Save weewx.conf and do a WeeWX config reload or restart. After the next report cycle check your dashboard for correct display or look at public_html/WD/clientraw.txt and verify all '   N/A' have gone.

If any issues persist we can deal with them separately.

Gary

Sean Garland

nieprzeczytany,
19 maj 2019, 12:16:0719.05.2019
do weewx-user
Good morning!

Thanks Gary for that insight.  I've noticed the behavior of the correct into being overwritten by something in the past and didn't really understand what was happening.  It's very clear now.

What was really interesting is that although N/A was still present in the clientraw.txt, the page was displaying correctly this morning.  I did add the section you recommended, and it did replace the N/A's with "- -".  Now when I use the Saratoga clientraw parser, things seem to be in all the right places, and correct in value.  Doing a refresh however, shows incorrect date now (after showing correct), but everything else looks good.

Since the date should be M-d-YYYY (which shows for a second), and then after refresh is m/d/-Y (negative)... I'm assuming now it's a simple(r) data parsing issue.

Thank you!
Sean

gjr80

nieprzeczytany,
19 maj 2019, 19:35:0019.05.2019
do weewx-user
Ok, that fixed a few issues with clientraw.txt but now the parsing of clientraw.txt is failing when it hits fields containing a time. Again no spec for clientraw.txt to work from but we have found that any field representing a time needs to be in the format HH:MM:SS or HH:MM. At the moment your time fields are in the format HH:MM:SS XX where XX is AM or PM. This probably comes down to changes you may have made when troubleshooting (or perhaps something else). Rather than me asking 20 questions it is probably easier if you could post your [StdReport] stanza from weewx.conf - that will give me the [[wdClientrawReport]] and [[Defaults]] stanzas.

As an aside the parsing issues with clientraw.txt become fairly evident when you view your clientraw.txt in a parsed and tabulated format. There was (may still be - not sure) an online parser that you could give the url to your clientraw files and it would parse and display in tabular form. I created my own version and have plugged in your clientraw.txt data - I will leave it up for a while and you can view it here. Have a look down the 'Value' column and you will soon see where the values do not match the description/units (field 134) onwards). You can then see why you are getting correct data in day and month but incorrect year - because year is after the initial parse error.

Gary

Tom Robertson

nieprzeczytany,
20 maj 2019, 08:21:5220.05.2019
do weewx...@googlegroups.com
This might the site you are talking about.

-----
Tom

Sean Garland

nieprzeczytany,
20 maj 2019, 13:36:1520.05.2019
do weewx-user
Good morning everyone!

Again - thank you for looking into this.  This is just a pet project for me and it's been fun, but long times between me messing with it, so takes me a bit to find all the parts, and make adjustments...  I have the parser from Saratoga weather up and keep refreshing just to see how things look according to the "spec" (well the parser output).

Here are the sections (gleaned for just what I think you need):
    [[StandardReport]]
        skin = Standard
        enable = True
        [[[Units]]]
            [[[[Groups]]]]
                group_altitude = foot
                group_speed2 = mile_per_hour2
                group_pressure = inHg
                group_rain = inch
                group_rainrate = inch_per_hour
                group_temperature = degree_F
                group_degree_day = degree_F_day
                group_speed = mile_per_hour
    [[wdTesttags]]
        HTML_ROOT = /var/www/weather/WD
        skin = Testtags
        [[[Units]]]
            [[[[TimeFormats]]]]
                date_time_f = %m/%d/%Y %H:%M
                date_f = %m/%d/%Y
            [[[[Groups]]]]
                group_altitude = foot
                group_speed2 = mile_per_hour2
                group_pressure = inHg
                group_rain = inch
                group_rainrate = inch_per_hour
                group_temperature = degree_F
                group_degree_day = degree_F_day
                group_speed = mile_per_hour

    [[wdClientraw]]
        HTML_ROOT = /var/www/weather/WD
        skin = Clientraw
        [[[Units]]]
            [[[[StringFormats]]]]
                NONE = --
    [[Defaults]]
                [[[Units]]]
            [[[[Groups]]]]

                group_altitude = foot    # Options are 'foot' or 'meter'
                group_degree_day = degree_F_day    # Options are 'degree_F_day' or 'degree_C_day'
                group_pressure = inHg    # Options are 'inHg', 'mmHg', 'mbar', or 'hPa'
                group_rain = inch    # Options are 'inch', 'cm', or 'mm'
                group_rainrate = inch_per_hour    # Options are 'inch_per_hour', 'cm_per_hour', or 'mm_per_hour'
                group_speed = mile_per_hour    # Options are 'mile_per_hour', 'km_per_hour', 'knot', or 'meter_per_second'
                group_speed2 = mile_per_hour2    # Options are 'mile_per_hour2', 'km_per_hour2', 'knot2', or 'meter_per_second2'
                group_temperature = degree_F    # Options are 'degree_F' or 'degree_C'
            [[[[StringFormats]]]]
                centibar = %.0f
                cm = %.2f
                cm_per_hour = %.2f
                degree_C = %.1f
                degree_F = %.1f
                degree_compass = %.0f
                foot = %.0f
                hPa = %.1f
                hour = %.1f
                inHg = %.3f
                inch = %.2f
                inch_per_hour = %.2f
                km_per_hour = %.0f
                km_per_hour2 = %.1f
                knot = %.0f
                knot2 = %.1f
                mbar = %.1f
                meter = %.0f
                meter_per_second = %.1f
                meter_per_second2 = %.1f
                mile_per_hour = %.0f
                mile_per_hour2 = %.1f
                mm = %.1f
                mmHg = %.1f
                mm_per_hour = %.1f
                percent = %.0f
                second = %.0f
                uv_index = %.1f
                volt = %.1f
                watt_per_meter_squared = %.0f
                NONE = "   N/A"
            [[[[Labels]]]]
                day = " day", " days"
                hour = " hour", " hours"
                minute = " minute", " minutes"
                second = " second", " seconds"
                NONE = ""
            [[[[TimeFormats]]]]
                hour = %H:%M
                day = %X
                week = %X (%A)
                month = %x %X
                year = %x %X
                rainyear = %x %X
                current = %x %X
                ephem_day = %X
                ephem_year = %x %X
            [[[[Ordinates]]]]
                [[[[[DegreeDays]]]]]
                [[[[[Trend]]]]]
                    time_delta = 10800    # 3 hours
                    time_grace = 300    # 5 minutes

Thanks again for your help!!!!  I love this project!
Sean

gjr80

nieprzeczytany,
21 maj 2019, 20:14:1921.05.2019
do weewx-user
Sean,

OK, the issue is the day = %X under [StdReports] [[Detfaults]] [[[Units]]] [[[[TimeFormats]]]]. We need to leave that alone as changing it may affect other reports. What we need to do is add an override for the clientraw reports. Add a [[[[TimeFormats]]]] section to the [[wdClientraw]] stanza as follows:

[StdReport]

[[wdClientraw]]

[[[Units]]]

[[[[TimeFormats]]]]
                day
= %H:%M

Do a config reload or restart WeeWX and that should fix the ' AM'/' PM' problem in clientraw.txt

Gary

gjr80

nieprzeczytany,
21 maj 2019, 20:20:0921.05.2019
do weewx-user
Tom,

Yep, same parser just a different entry point. Ken appears to now be hosting the previous tnetweather wd parser page.

Gary
Odpowiedz wszystkim
Odpowiedz autorowi
Przekaż