Steps to upgrade Weewx 3.9.2 to 4.2

Francesco Fasano

Nov 25, 2020, 10:50:02 AM11/25/20
to weewx-user
Hello,
I would like to upgrade my weewx version 3.9.2 to 4.2.
Is the Python version 2.7.16 okay or does it need version 3?
my weew is currently installed in / home / weewx and the same path appears in the setup.cfg file.
I downloaded version 4.2 in the / home folder and here I stopped. Could you help me with the next steps?
Thanks

vince

Nov 25, 2020, 1:20:03 PM11/25/20
to weewx-user
On Wednesday, November 25, 2020 at 7:50:02 AM UTC-8 fvirg...@gmail.com wrote:
I would like to upgrade my weewx version 3.9.2 to 4.2.
I downloaded version 4.2 in the / home folder and here I stopped. Could you help me with the next steps?

Francesco Fasano

Nov 26, 2020, 3:32:20 AM11/26/20
to weewx-user

Thanks for the reply. I have already read the update procedure, I am looking for someone to follow me step by step I have never done it.
Thanks

Tom Keffer

Nov 26, 2020, 8:49:55 AM11/26/20
to weewx-user
WeeWX version 4 will run under either Python 2 or Python 3. Sounds like you want to use Python 2.

The directions are in the upgrade guide. Just substitute "python2" for "python3".

Unpack the archive:
tar xvfz weewx-4.2.0.tar.gz

Change directory into it:
cd weewx-4.2.0

Build the distribution, using whatever version of Python you plan to use. In your case, Python 2:
python2 ./setup.py build
sudo python2 ./setup.py install

These steps are exactly the same as what is in the upgrade guide.

-tk

Francesco Fasano

Nov 26, 2020, 9:29:18 AM11/26/20
to weewx-user