firmware update for WeatherLinkIP and WeeWX 3.9.2

John S

Jan 14, 2020, 11:08:26 PM1/14/20
to weewx-user
I received an email urging me to update my WeatherLinkIP with new firmware:

CRITICAL UPDATE: Important firmware update for WeatherLinkIP

Who needs this update? Everyone using a WeatherLinkIP datalogger (p/n 6555) with their Davis weather station.

Details:

Your WeatherLinkIP datalogger has a critical bug that will prevent it from keeping its time properly synched with Davis servers and cause it to stop uploading historical archive records. You may have noticed that when downloading archive records into your PC software or looking at archive records on weatherlink.com that they are not entirely up to date. This firmware patch will fix that and ensure your weather station clock stays accurate and in synch.

<lots of how to update the firmware instructions>

As my system seems to be working just fine on the penultimate WeatherLinkIP version and WeeWX 3.9.2, I thought I'd check to see if there was any pressing need to do this. Seems to be pretty Davis specific, vs a home system.

Cheers,

J. S.

Thomas Keffer

Jan 15, 2020, 8:07:54 AM1/15/20
to weewx-user
WeeWX updates the clock on the VP every 4 hours, so I doubt this would be a problem.