Uptime in seconds with v4.10.0?

WindnFog

Jan 30, 2023, 1:21:50 PM1/30/23
to weewx-user
Since updating weewx this morning, I noted the weewx and server uptime is reported in seconds:

Weewx uptime: 2 seconds
Server uptime: 12678 seconds
weewx v4.10.0

Is this something I'm doing, or a slight bug in the code?  I'm using the Standard index.html.tmpl template.  This is the code I believe is generating it:

             Server uptime: $station.os_uptime<br/>
             weewx v$station.version<br/>

- Paul VE1DX

Marius Schamschula

Jan 30, 2023, 1:25:33 PM1/30/23
to 'dvdhns' via weewx-user
I also ran into that after the update to 4.10.0.

You need to edit that section to read

             Server uptime: $station.os_uptime.long_form<br/>
             weewx v$station.version<br/>

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula

WindnFog

Jan 30, 2023, 1:32:08 PM1/30/23
to weewx-user
Thank you, Marius.  That fixed it.

Weewx uptime: 0 days, 3 hours, 47 minutes
Server uptime: 0 days, 3 hours, 49 minutes
weewx v4.10.0

- Paul VE1DX

Tom Keffer

Jan 30, 2023, 3:59:53 PM1/30/23
to weewx...@googlegroups.com

Al Barnes

Jan 30, 2023, 8:05:18 PM1/30/23
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Tom Keffer wrote:
> It's worth reading the Upgrade Guide: /Breaking changes for skins that
> use delta time/
> <http://www.weewx.com/docs/upgrading.htm#Breaking_changes_for_skins_that_use_delta_times>

Looking at this, the example in the upgrade guide for
Seasons/celestial.inc shows no difference between the before and after.

Using the latest celestial.inc from git results in Total daylight being
displayed in seconds.

Al

Tom Keffer

Jan 30, 2023, 8:32:42 PM1/30/23
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for catching these!

Fixed in commit b6d8057.

Al Barnes

Jan 30, 2023, 8:46:33 PM1/30/23
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Tom Keffer wrote:
> Thanks for catching these!
>
> Fixed in commit b6d8057
> <https://github.com/weewx/weewx/commit/b6d8057459ab203603591b91919ccf2b6bb5169d>.

That was quick! I copied the updated celestial.inc to my current weewx
skins/Seasons directory and everything is perfect now.

Thank you!

PC

Feb 3, 2023, 8:02:12 AM2/3/23
to weewx-user
Hello,
In version 4.10.1, I have ".long_form" which has been added. But I always have time in seconds.
If there is something else to do, I did not understand well (Google translation)

Tom Keffer

Feb 3, 2023, 8:12:59 AM2/3/23
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Which skin?

Could you show us the template that is giving you problems?

Blaise Cacramp

Feb 3, 2023, 8:35:42 AM2/3/23
to weewx...@googlegroups.com

Season,

https://cambier.eu/meteo/

If the top has been personalized, this is not the case for "about.inc.dpkg-dist"

Tom Keffer

Feb 3, 2023, 10:59:14 AM2/3/23
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
The template should be named about.inc, not about.inc.dpkg-dist.

Be sure that the template about.inc has the addition of ".long_form".

PC

Feb 3, 2023, 11:14:33 AM2/3/23
to weewx-user
Ok, cela  fonctionne.  Et pour  $time_since('rain>0')  ?

Tom Keffer

Feb 3, 2023, 11:20:01 AM2/3/23
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
It should be

  $time_since('rain>0').long_form

PC

Feb 3, 2023, 12:07:12 PM2/3/23
to weewx-user
Sorry, it doesn't work completely. With all my respect, go see the result yourself

Blaise Cacramp

Feb 3, 2023, 1:54:32 PM2/3/23
to weewx...@googlegroups.com

Hello Tom, have you seen the problem?

Le 03-02-23 à 18:07, PC a écrit :
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "weewx-user" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/d37079ae-6cbc-44ed-845d-dc0d945c0c9dn%40googlegroups.com.

Blaise Cacramp

Feb 4, 2023, 1:23:41 AM2/4/23
to weewx...@googlegroups.com

02/04/23 07:15:00
No rain today and
Since 01/31/23 15:05:00
(10 minutes, 0 seconds)

Le 03-02-23 à 18:07, PC a écrit :
Sorry, it doesn't work completely. With all my respect, go see the result yourself

Remy Lavabre

Feb 4, 2023, 3:34:18 AM2/4/23
to weewx-user
>$time_since_last_frost.long_form and $time_since_last_rain.long_form work fine for me with weewx 4.10

Capture d’écran du 2023-02-04 09-31-41.png