Klimalogg extension installation problem

BORIS

Feb 5, 2024, 7:54:29 AMFeb 5
to weewx-user
I managed to install the weewx simulator after some initial problems with  the NO_PUBKEY ED444FCCF0E2B09E.
The command  sudo /etc/init.d/weewx stop did not work and had to use
service weewx stop instead

I am trying to intstall the Klimalogg extension.
The file I could download is weewx-klimalogg/archive/master.zip and not the weewx-kl.zip
as instructed.
But then the next problem is that the command wee_extension is not found anywhere in my installation. Where can I find it?
I am using Ubuntu latest version
Please help
/Boris

Tom Keffer

Feb 5, 2024, 8:44:47 AMFeb 5
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
You did not say what version of WeeWX you are using, but I suspect that it's V5. If that's the case, wee_extension no longer exists. Use "weectl extension" instead. See New utilities in the Upgrade Guide.

Incidentally, for modern Debian systems, the following is what you want to start and stop WeeWX:

sudo systemctl start weewx
sudo systemctl stop weewx

See the section Running as a daemon in the User's Guide.

BORIS

Feb 5, 2024, 3:15:33 PMFeb 5
to weewx-user
Thank you Tom, that solved my installation. weewx is now collecting temperature data from Klimalogg Pro with the USB interface.
It could be good for other users if the commands in https://github.com/matthewwall/weewx-klimalogg?tab=readme-ov-file   could be updated for use with weeWX 5.0.
I still have lots of errors in the log such as ERROR weewx.cheetahgenerator........ , but I have to check the configuration of  skin.conf and index.html.tmpl
Regards Boris Smeds

Tom Keffer

Feb 5, 2024, 3:41:29 PMFeb 5
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Yes. The install instructions for nearly every extension needs to be updated.

But, this is why we publish the Upgrade Guide!