Acurite 5 in 1 Wunderground: Any way to use with Weewx?

GL Woods

Oct 20, 2021, 5:20:36 PM10/20/21
to weewx-user
As some of you may or may not know, the Acurite 5 in 1 Weather Underground display units have stopped communicating with Weather Underground.

I see that Weewx Interceptor can intercept Acurite Access requests, but can it do the same for the Weather Underground only units?

thanks

p q

Oct 20, 2021, 5:46:44 PM10/20/21
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
I assume these units have an outdoor sensor wind/rain/thermometer thing and an indoor device that connects to the internet. Is there a usb plug on the indoor device?

Dave Webb KB1PVH

Oct 20, 2021, 6:02:55 PM10/20/21
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Pretty sure you can use an RTL-SDR dongle and the SDR extension for weewx

Dave - KB1PVH

Sent from my Galaxy S21

GL Woods

Oct 20, 2021, 6:14:17 PM10/20/21
to weewx-user
No USB plug. It just has wifi to Weather Underground.

GL Woods

Oct 20, 2021, 6:15:25 PM10/20/21
to weewx-user
I think I might have a RTL-SDR dongle sitting unused since 2014 somewhere in my ham gear box.