Wunderfixer stopped working after v4 update

Praveen Chandrasekaran

May 2, 2020, 8:26:50 AM5/2/20
to weewx-user
Hi,

My wunderfixer was working till yesterday (I know for sure because I have used it to fill missing data often recently)

After updating to v4, the wunderfixer stopped working. The API key looks fine but I am getting HTTP 401 FORBIDDEN ERROR.

Regards,
Praveen

Praveen Chandrasekaran

May 2, 2020, 9:12:26 AM5/2/20
to weewx-user
For some reason, api_key not getting passed from conf to wunderfixer.

Praveen Chandrasekaran

May 2, 2020, 9:18:06 AM5/2/20
to weewx-user
2 issues:

1) API key not getting passed. Hacked wunderfixer with local api key instead of passing
2) After 1 I get error  that  JSON object must be str not bytes.

Tom Keffer

May 2, 2020, 10:02:20 AM5/2/20
to weewx-user
Log? Console output?

Praveen Chandrasekaran

May 2, 2020, 10:09:17 AM5/2/20
to weewx-user
Fixed it locally at my end. api_key not getting passed is a mystery yet.

Need to decode the response to utf-8 to get it working properly. Attached modified wunderfixer file (search for v4)

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "weewx-user" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/CAPq0zEB_L-AwoN0DpQSqEjSSCn43oiuH5fZe8TPLcLBqajbQfQ%40mail.gmail.com.
wunderfixer

Praveen Chandrasekaran

May 2, 2020, 10:10:29 AM5/2/20
to weewx-user
I didnt attached console output because i just ran wunderfixer at shell. I was getting HTTP 401 error. printed api_key from within wunderfixer it was "None". Then edited wunderfixer with the api key locally and that fixed that issue

On Sat, 2 May 2020 at 19:32, Tom Keffer <tke...@gmail.com> wrote:
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "weewx-user" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/CAPq0zEB_L-AwoN0DpQSqEjSSCn43oiuH5fZe8TPLcLBqajbQfQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Praveen Chandrasekaran

May 2, 2020, 11:04:36 AM5/2/20
to weewx-user
I think I figured out API key issue. It's not read if in test mode and hence causes error. Attached snippet
Screenshot_2020-05-02-20-32-53-761_com.android.chrome.png

Tom Keffer

May 2, 2020, 11:22:00 AM5/2/20
to weewx-user
Thanks for catching the problem with json.load(). Fixed in commit c05f76b

As you discovered, I think the api_key code is working properly.

Praveen Chandrasekaran

May 2, 2020, 12:10:57 PM5/2/20
to weewx-user
Shouldnt it be taking in api_key in test mode too? Is that intentional?

Tom Keffer

May 2, 2020, 2:18:51 PM5/2/20
to weewx-user
That seems reasonable. Try this version