Wind vector direction pointer

Greg from Oz

Aug 12, 2019, 2:32:25 AM8/12/19
to weewx-user
Hi,

I have looked at several other 3.9.2 sites and their arrows are pointing to the RIGHT as well!

I think something must have changed in the newer version.

Does anyone know where the directional pointer in the wind vector graph gets its orientation from?

I am using weewx 3.9.2 and I have looked at other 3.9.2 sites and the wind vector pointer is pointing RIGHT and says N

Here is my graph.

Screenshot from 2019-08-12 16-15-27.png

Notice the N in the bottom left hand corner.

Below is from another site (they are on version 3.9.1)

Screenshot from 2019-08-12 16-18-11.png

Their direction pointer is pointing upward.

Graham Eddy

Aug 12, 2019, 2:42:50 AM8/12/19
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
vector_rotate (degrees) sets the arrow orientation for progressive vector plots (in “Customization Guide”)
____________
Graham Eddy

Greg from Oz

Aug 12, 2019, 2:44:55 AM8/12/19
to weewx-user
Thanks
I wonder why I changed in 3.9.2?

Greg from Oz

Aug 12, 2019, 3:06:19 AM8/12/19
to weewx-user
I put vector_rotate = 0 in the skin.conf and now the arrow is pointing upwards.

According to the customisation guide it doesn't really matter which way the arrow points as the vector_rotate is used to rotate predominate wind directions so they don't blow off the graph (pun intended)