Peet Bros Ultimeter 2100 - Humidity Pad

Burt Wizeman

Apr 19, 2020, 8:51:36 AM4/19/20
to weewx-user
Thanks for all the info in this group!  It has helped me with my weekend spent trying to debug some of the issues I ran into.   One of those issues was that no barometer was showing up at CWOP.  I have now learned that is due to the calc needing the humidity which I lack. I notice that Weather Display software in Windows provides CWOP with barometer so I assume that is pulling humidity from some source.  Is there a way to add a pad to the Ultimeter driver so it could be configured to grab humidity from another source so that the altimeter calc could be accomplished?  Any ideas?  Trying to save the 110.00 for the meter.

Burt
K4SRQ

Ralph Underwood

Apr 20, 2020, 9:49:26 AM4/20/20
to weewx-user
Did you enter a local barometer reading to the 2100? I don't have my manual handy, but seem to remember that in order for the 2100 to output the barometer reading you first have to calibrate it by entering a local value once. I don't upload to weather sites with my systems but both of my Ultimeter 2100s output  a barometer reading for WeeWx.

Burt Wizeman

Apr 21, 2020, 3:26:52 PM4/21/20
to weewx-user
Thanks Ralph,
In response to your suggestion I reset the 2100 and manually put in the barometric pressure for the area from our airport.  Still nothing.  The rest of the data flows but the barometer won't.  Without humidity, according to the info I have gathered, the correct pressure (altimeter) can not be calculated.  That is why I was wondering if I could snag the humidity from a Metar and supplant that in the string.  It will be some time before I can delve into the driver to do that but I was wondering if such input was in the works or if someone had a hack.

Thanks,
Burt

Steve2Q

Apr 22, 2020, 6:47:59 PM4/22/20
to weewx-user
Hi Burt: I have a 2100 (for years now) and I have not experienced your problem. My barometric pressure and humidity are sent to my website, weather underground, and PWS. I just joined CWOP (as a non-ham as I am not set up for APRS), and I will see if I have the same problem.
Have you looked at the raw output from the 2100 to see if the data is in the loops?

Steve N2QLQ

Ralph Underwood

Apr 22, 2020, 7:06:15 PM4/22/20
to weewx-user
Also the humidity sensor did not come included with the Ultimeter 2100 package, it is an option.

Steve2Q

Apr 22, 2020, 8:38:17 PM4/22/20
to weewx-user
Ralph..When i purchased mine (>10 years ago) I had added the combo temp and humidity sensor. Although it costs $, it may be an easier solution.

Steve2Q

Apr 23, 2020, 9:23:41 AM4/23/20
to weewx-user
Burt and Ralph: I enabled the CWOP lines in my weewx.conf file and it has been running for about 12 hours now. When I applied as an observer, I received the email with my ID almost immediately and included this number in the .conf file. I still do not see any information for my station. Does it take a long time for the data to start showing up?

Steve

Burt Wizeman

Apr 24, 2020, 8:04:37 PM4/24/20
to weewx-user
Hey Steve,
Do you have this entry?

[[CWOP]]
enable = true
station = <your cwop station name> #For instance, mine is K4SRQ as that is what is displayed on findu and CWOP related output.
post_interval = 300 #Number of seconds between posts.
passcode = -1 WeeWx 3.9.2     #If you are using APRS for ham radio

Burt
K4SRQ

Steve2Q

Apr 26, 2020, 1:06:24 PM4/26/20
to weewx-user
Hi Burt..I did not have the line:  post_interval = 300    I added that, but left off the passcode as I do not have APRS capability. I will see what happens now.

Thanks, Steve  N2QLQ

Steve2Q

Apr 26, 2020, 1:20:42 PM4/26/20
to weewx-user
Burt...apparently my data is being sent to CWOP, but it only shows up here:  http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=FW7312

If I go to the main CWOP site and try to find data from myself there, there is none. Perhaps I have a misunderstanding on what shows and what doesn't. I received the following email on Friday (which I replied to) so maybe the "registration" process for CWOP takes some time.??

cwop-s...@noaa.gov

AttachmentsApr 24, 2020, 2:53 PM (2 days ago)

to leigh.k.cheatwood, me
Our records indicate that your site is sending weather data to Findu at http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=FW7312 but is not yet registered within CWOP. Registering with CWOP allows distribution of your weather data to institutions like NOAA. This is what we currently have for your site's location information: CWOP Call Sign/Site ID: FW7312, Latitude: 26.51400, Longitude: -80.15500, Elevation (meters): 4.46. Please verify this information is correct by replying to this email so that we may register your site. Thanks, CWOP-Support

vince

Apr 26, 2020, 2:21:12 PM4/26/20
to weewx-user
On Sunday, April 26, 2020 at 10:20:42 AM UTC-7, Steve2Q wrote:
If I go to the main CWOP site and try to find data from myself there, there is none. Perhaps I have a misunderstanding on what shows and what doesn't. I received the following email on Friday (which I replied to) so maybe the "registration" process for CWOP takes some time.??

Well considering the email to you was sent at 3pm on a Friday, I'd guess that your later reply will be processed perhaps when people get back to work on Monday.

Burt Wizeman

Apr 27, 2020, 1:35:24 PM4/27/20
to weewx-user
Hope it works.  Your data is flying up to findu.   Regarding the humidity, I am going to get the temp/humidity sensor.  Cheapest way to go instead of coding it into a modified driver.
You did register with CWOP, correct?

Thanks,
Burt
K4SRQ

Burt Wizeman

Apr 27, 2020, 1:49:56 PM4/27/20
to weewx-user
Also, Steve, does your 24 hour weather .69 agree with what the Ultimeter shows on the display?

Burt

Steve2Q

Apr 27, 2020, 9:56:01 PM4/27/20
to weewx-user
Buer..I did register with CWOP. I am not sure what you mean by your question.

Steve

k4sr...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2020, 10:09:13 PM4/27/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
In regards to registering with CWOP, you need to sign up with them for the data to flow. Since you did that, my second question was about the rain showing on FindU today. I wondered if that which is uploaded is the same rain number that is showing on your 2100. I am having discrepancies between what is showing up at CWOP and findU and what is being displayed on the Ultimeter.

Steve2Q

Apr 30, 2020, 3:08:31 PM4/30/20
to weewx-user
Burt: I just got an email from CWOP that I should be activated in 24 to 48 hours. The rain and other information displayed on FindU, PWS, and Wunderground all agree with the Ultimeter. I will let you know about CWOP when it activates.

73, Steve

Burt Wizeman

Apr 30, 2020, 4:37:12 PM4/30/20
to weewx-user
Great to hear!  When did you get your 2100?

Burt Wizeman

May 9, 2020, 9:43:49 PM5/9/20
to weewx-user
To close this one out, I purchased the Temp/Humidity sensor and all is well.

Thanks,
Burt